Not sure about pro points!!!

j70joj

Ok, i have been following pro points for 4 weeks now and week 1 lost 3lbs and week 2 lost 1lb but week 3 & 4 stayed the same.

I did use my 49 weekly points in weeks 3 & 4 so have come to the conclusion i cannot eat all this food and lose weight. Yet in the ww guide it says that even if you use all 49 weekly points the plan has been designed for you to lose weight.

What is going on? I have just over 2 stones to lose and am on 29 points per day.

Sorry for my rant but can anyone shed some light on why i am not losing? i would struggle to never go over my 29 daily points.

Thank you

Snap!! I'm not losing either. And I ahven't eaten my 49 weekly. my consultant told me not to go overboard on the fruit. But I know I'm not

I know its been tested and apparently results show geed weight loss but maybe they should have tested it on me!

I really want this to work and i am trying really hard but i know i will get disheartened if i dont see some result soon.

I'm definitely not an expert on it, I think that what works for one of us won't work for the other etc but last week I used all my points, including the slush fund and I gained 2.5lbs!! This week I had all my daily points, about 25 of the extra points and I ate a lot more fruit, we're talking maybe 3 or 4 bits a day and I lost 3lbs.

Hope it evens out for you hun, I was a bit disillusioned last week too but I'm giving it until at least the end of January before I decide whether it's for me or not, if I don't have more losses between now and then I'm scurrying back to discover lol.x

I haven't done pro points ( don't wanna fix what's not broken) nut my class friends have and they're unimpressed. Lots not losing or putting on using the pp. I just can't work out how you can either eat all of the 49 or choose not to and still lose??? The leader didn't really explain it either... There is a lot of calories in those 49 points so it's gotta make a big difference to losses.

It is like fast start on discover plan the 29 a day is equal to 16 points the weekly 49 are the amount you'd not have when doing fast start But most things are gone up and we get less as we can have fruit o ppted.

In Europe the weekly amount is in weight over 12 St 9lb you have 49 pp and it goes down the lighta we are, julia on here knows the weights and weekly pp for Europe. Less you weigh less weekly pp you get makes sense to me.

I have lost pp wk1 -1.5lb wk2 -2.5lb wk3 -3lbs week 1 I had most
my weekly pp ,wk 2 30, wk 3 10.Im only in 29 a day weight 13st 2 if I was 8 St 2 I'd have the same 5 stone difference. Thus week is bad pre totm cold snowed in and i've used my weekly pp already have 5 days left!!
I too can't do it on 29 a day esp at my weight as I couldn't do 16 on DP

Maybe have no weekly pp 2 dats before weigh in also no takeaways 2 days before as especially Chinese it has loads of salt and you'll retain water.
I know thus week will be naff for me but it's the bigger picture hey xx

Have to say I am not overly struck on ppts, don't get me wrong I like it and for some its great having that fund to dip into guilt free. For me as a binger it sets no boundaries.... I'll eat my daily allotted points then think "ah it doesn't matter if i eat this sausage/mince pie/cake/insert whatever food" here cos I have extra points! I am thinking of reverting to discover and between you and i - I ate about 3 pieces of fruit a day on discover never pointed them and still lost. Fruit is good for me!

I didn't go to weigh in last week cos of the snow, and I can't say I have been rigid with my points this week BUT I have been giving mre thought to when, how and why I eat.

x

All the men at my WW meetings, seem to be having problems losing the weigh.

One guy seems to think that this new PP system is aimed more at women, but the leader said she has one guy who is on 67 points and he is still losing weight (though she never said how many of his weekly allowance he is using)

We only have 3-4 men at out meetings (one being my OH)

The thing is I am reluctant to go back to the old plan as I am now getting used to this new plan and have so far done ok on it (though this weeks meeting was cancelled due to snow so not sure how I did this week)

But even though I am doing this for me cause I do need to lose some weight, its more for my over weight diabetic hubby, and to be honest he is really finding it hard to lose on PP plan and has gained over 1lbs so far (it may not sound like much but every 0.5 he gains a week is one step to far in the wrong direction)

Should I go back to DP for him as both plans work for me, or stick with PP plan. I just don't know, as I don't want to keep chopping and changing and my hubby said if it works for me I shoudl stick with PP, but as I said he needs to lose it more then me as its not just for his health its also for medical reasons that he needs to lose it.

I don't know what I would do if he kept gaining doing PP to the point he gave up and then ended up on insulin and having to use needles every day for the rest of his life, all because I wasn't to sure about changing back to DP..

Ooh blimey Zebredy, yours is more of a conundrum than simply whether or not to point a banana!

I'd personally give it another week or so and if your DH is still gaining then clearly its not working for him and he should go back to DP. then its a choice of doing 2 different plans or both switching back to DP.

I never did away with all my DP stuff just in case the ppts didn't work for me.

x

Ooh blimey Zebredy, yours is more of a conundrum than simply whether or not to point a banana!

I'd personally give it another week or so and if your DH is still gaining then clearly its not working for him and he should go back to DP. then its a choice of doing 2 different plans or both switching back to DP.

I never did away with all my DP stuff just in case the ppts didn't work for me.

x
Thanks - Defiantly don't want to be working out points for two different plans, that would really screw with my head, especially as he would point his stuff eaten during the day, and I would be pointing what I ate during the day, and what we both ate at home in the evening together. Could see trying to point one dinner for both of us on two different plan, a bit of a nightmare to deal with as I said...

My hubby did get rid of his old folder (hoping the new plan would work for us) but we kept the books and my folder just incase. Glad I did, though don't have an old stile calculator, but sure we could get one off ebay if we really wanted one..

Lots that haven't lost at our class and the first thing she said is to cut down on fruit?? One poor woman is counting salad and veg as her 5 a day cos our leader told her with 5 fruit plus veg she was having too much....how is that zero points then?? To be honest I think it's our leader that's not very good as we had a cover leader last week and she frowned about a few things that our leader had said...... I dont know... I'll stick to my own thing for now I think

Lots that haven't lost at our class and the first thing she said is to cut down on fruit?? One poor woman is counting salad and veg as her 5 a day cos our leader told her with 5 fruit plus veg she was having too much....how is that zero points then?? To be honest I think it's our leader that's not very good as we had a cover leader last week and she frowned about a few things that our leader had said...... I dont know... I'll stick to my own thing for now I think

Think leaders are using eating to much fruit as a convenient excuse for why people might be gaining at the mo

People use there extra weekly allowance for chocolate (in some cases that I have read about) so how can having 4 instead of 3 bananas one day, be that much of a problem. .

My hubby is eating as much fruit as he did on the old plan, so lets see a leader figure that one out. He was told he was eating to many bananas by our leader but he has hardly touched his 49 extra points so why would one extra piece of fruit be the main problem?

He has lowered his daily points some what, and started pointing bananas as 2pp each to help as he is still eating far to much (in his mind) while on a weight loss plan.

Gona see how he does on Wednesday but with it being this close to Christmas and all the extra food to eat i.e. Christmas dinner and a meal on boxing day round ours ahhh!! (I'm at a loss)

You can see my stats. 1st week was DP, and lost 2lbs. Put on with pp ever since. Only used max 20 wp. I don't eat much fruit either. My leader says watch the fruit, but if I pointed all the fruit, (abou 4 bananas a week, and a couple of satsumas a day), I would still be inside points.

After giving it my all, and realising that not only is my hubby struggling to lose weight on PP plan, but I'm eating to much crappy stuff with the extra points and losing focus, and almost not bothering to even point stuff anymore, I've had to make the choice to go back to DP asap.

Might try PP plan again later next year, say after Easter, but for now this is the best option..

As I said before, if I don't lose weight I get fat and could end up causeing myself some serious medical problems further down the line. If my hubby doesn't lose the weight his problems could get worse sooner rather then later. I don't want to ever be the reason he goes on insuline.

As much as I hate chopping and changing, and am a bit peed off as I now have to re-learn the old plan and pointing system, its for the best.

As of tomorrow its DP all the way, and gona weigh ourselves once a week on a Monday at home, till after the new year (good job we have each other to help the other out and motivate them)

We don't have the money to do meetings at mo, and well might as well just go back in the new year, fingers crossed we can do it without the meetings, we shall see. Shame though cause the meetings got me out the house and to see other people once a week. Don't have any local friends (mine are all to far away and only see them once a month or less at mo)

Got some glass scales, gona weigh ourselves tomorrow night, and then a week on Monday we are gona start weighing ourselves every Monday night and see how that goes.

Still gona point everything and write down what we eat. Hopefully it will all work out in the end.

Got some note books, and gona give one to my hubby to point stuff in...

Wish me luck......

You can see my stats. 1st week was DP, and lost 2lbs. Put on with pp ever since. Only used max 20 wp. I don't eat much fruit either. My leader says watch the fruit, but if I pointed all the fruit, (abou 4 bananas a week, and a couple of satsumas a day), I would still be inside points.
I only eat about 14-16 weekly points and i have gained 0.5lb this week, i hope it isnt going to be like this from now on. But think it could be that ive been running 2miles a day and not using my activity points aswell as not much of my weekly, so maybe im not eating enough? I really dont know:confused: Fingers crossed i will have a loss next week, if i dont lose by january i think i will go back to dp aswell.

Last edited:
I only eat about 14-16 weekly points and i have gained 0.5lb this week, i hope it isnt going to be like this from now on. But think it could be that ive been running 2miles a day and not using my activity points aswell as not much of my weekly, so maybe im not eating enough? I really dont know:confused: Fingers crossed i will have a loss next week, if i dont lose by january i think i will go back to dp aswell.

Good luck, its hard but hopefully you will get there.

Some people eat all there 49 extra points and some don't and there is no easy pattern to spot as too who loses and who doesn't.

Even eating healthy some who use the same amount of points as others still gain when others have eaten take away or chocolate and thats whats hard to grasp about this new plan. (this is just what I have gathered from reading other posts)

At least for me with the old plan if I ate all my points or saved a few for another day in the week, I could almost guarantee a loss, with PP its harder to predict whether I will lose or not, and thats been very unsettling for me at times....

Hi, Just wanted some advice. I started WW last Monday so have never done any other plan apart from the pro points. I lost 6lb on my first week but i know you always lose more whenever you start a diet due to the change in eating.
By reading all your points i'm a little confused now why its not working for you all. Was the old plan easier??? Do u think i will put on my weight again. xxx

Hi, Just wanted some advice. I started WW last Monday so have never done any other plan apart from the pro points. I lost 6lb on my first week but i know you always lose more whenever you start a diet due to the change in eating.
By reading all your points i'm a little confused now why its not working for you all. Was the old plan easier??? Do u think i will put on my weight again. xxx

Nope, I am sure you will keep losing and if you stick to long term goals and healthy eating you will not regain your weight, the reason us lot are finding it different from people like you is that we were on the old plan and once we switched our bodies didnt really know what to do, so it either stopped losing weight and put on or come off extremely slowly. Thats the problem with the Weight Watchers success stories with the new ProPoints plan, the people who lost weight with it were people who had not been on any plan previous therefore there body was only used to one plan and lost it, where as us being on the other plan its quite a difference :)

Hope you do great though :D

don't worry baby, there's a lot of people who were used with the old plan and can't change their ways so the new plan doesn't work for them: the new plan is all about eating more proteins and less carbs within your points. Of course dieting is not a precise science and the plan can work for some and not work for others. It seems to be working fine for you, so I really don't think you're going to put your weight back on xx

Back