Not sure how much longer i can do this!

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Argh. i so can't believe i'm saying this.
I feel liek i can't do it. i'm at target, but im struggling. All i want to do is binge. Iv resorted to tiny amounts of chocolate to tide me over, and massive amounts of free foods, lots of carbs to fill me, but still i feel lost.
All i want is a binge, a massive, huge.. eating so much sweet stuff untill i feel sick binge. I know it wont make me feel better, but it must feel better than feeling like i can't?

Im feeling really over whelmed and dissapointed in myself, aswell as everything i have going on at home.. i feel like life was easier when food was my comfort, you don't have to explain to food your problems before you eat it, it just lets you eat it and be happy.

im thinking i shoudl proberly take up some counciling that i was offered via my hairdressing tutor today, to keep me sane.. but right now.. i feel like foods my answer.

eurgh. iv worked so hard to get here and i can deal with putting on a few pounds, but my problem is i just don't seem to have any motivation to stay on track. Deep down i must as im resisting for the moment, but i feel a bit powerless agaisnt the urge!

as usual, not really too sure what the point of this post is, but maybe you all ahve some words to share.
preferably.. go for it, itl make you feel better :eek:???????

I've been at target for just over a year Fern, and I still love a binge. Bags full of choc, big bars of choc, crisps and dips etc etc.
Do it, get it over with and carry on. You won't put it all back on overnight hun.

Probably not the right answer and I may be shot down in flames, but I do it and it doesn't hurt if it's not too often.

You know what they say Fern 'A little of what you fancy does you good' - so as Jaylou says go for it, but maybe in a 'small' way.

You have so much to contend with at the moment so your stress levels have to be high, so if a little binge now and then will help you - then you go for it, and you are sensible enough to cut back and get back on track again just as quickly. X

I found it a real struggle when I got to target. I had been so focussed on losing weight (didn't cheat even once in the whole 11 months) that when I got there it was is I had nothing to aim for anymore. I felt lost without this target to concentrate on and it was if something was missing because the slimming had been such a big part of my life. I must admit that it took some time to readjust and get used to maintaining, not just in terms of what I was eating but also psychologically and emotionally. So don't beat yourself up and I agree that if having a binge (and I'm sure it won't be as big a binge as you fear) means that you you stay on the plan in the long term then go for it. After all in the normal world, naturally slim people so sometimes eat themselves silly, and so can you.

Fern you have done tremendously. Try not to focus on the food but why you are feeling like this. Remember you can have what you want and now you're at target you can tweak. I did cognitive behavioural therapy and if you want to binge it's not the food it's feelings (or your blood sugar going mad, unlikely on SW) Have something as a treat (chocs or whatever) then have a think about what's going on. :)

I am totally in favour of going for it, get it done and dusted, and tomorrow is another day. That way you are less likely to fall off the wagon long term. Enjoy! But make sure you get straight back on the maintenance wagon tomorrow

I really dont think a binge is a good answer and do you know why because when i was feeling crappy and wanted to binge you told advised me not to do it and it was the best advice! I didnt do it and i was really glad i didnt!

Think about how well you have done and how you felt before you started SW. What was your motivation to start and does it still motivate you? I cant imagine how you are feeling as im not at target and i do think to myself what will it be like? When you are skinny you cant dream about being skinny!?

Get some pictures out and have a look through or get your book out and look at where you started and you weight loss journey.

I really hope you get through and if you dont, DONT PANIC you know how to get back on track!! I hope i have helped as you have always been so supportive of me and the others i only hope we can do the same for you!!

(((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))

Dude, don't add 'buy skinny jeans in the next size up' to your list of woes.

Have a Wispa. One. Or have a cupcake. One. Find someone to hug and have a good cry if it will help!

Don't binge. Or I send you that turkey mince letterbomb. :p

Food lets you eat it and be happy in the short term...But long term you end up standing in a changing room, with a dress that doesn't fit, crying at the sight of the fat girl in the mirror.

Eat some chocolate but don't go mental. Spread Nutella on some Scan Bran...That'll slow you down! ;)

Have a moderate binge.

Eat what you want to but just for today, or two days. Have one chocolate bar, one muffin, some toast, some crisps. Don't have a whole cake, a whole pizza, a whole barrel of wine....!!

You'll gain a couple of lbs perhaps, but you can rein that in again in no time.

I do think you need to address the reasons why you're feeling this way hun...but it's normal to want to do this now and again!!! Listen to those who are experienced at maintaining their target weight. They know how it works :)

I am sorry you're feeling this way *hugs*

Maintenance is like the plan, you need time to come to terms with it! Why did you gain weight in the first place? Probably because you had a binge when you wanted one and just gave in! You've come too far to go down that road again! Please don't end up like me , still struggling down to target before I hit 60! You can save yourself years of misery! Ring your consultant! That's what she's there for!

I think maybe now you're at target you want to celebrate and reward yourself the only way you know how - with food! Try to reward yourself positively with something non-edible. And have the naughty things you want, but syn them :)

I doubt that was any help but you can't have everything!

Hi Fern. You've done so well and come so far so if you have the wilpower to have a cheat day (not a binge day) and get straight back on track the next day then go for it. A few years ago I got to target with SW and felt great. I maintained for about a year but got into the habit of 'cheating'- going out for lunch a couple of days a week and having a bar of chocolate every day but I kept track of everything and followed the plan otherwise. I then started a new job and discovered that a greasy roll in the morning (habit attained from my new workmates), lunch out EVERY day and a bar of chocolate soon piled the weight back on.I say a little of what you fancy does you good but you have to be careful not to lose control. I also think losing the weight is thrilling and rewarding as people celebrate you every week you come home from class and lose another pound and each time you go shopping and find you're in a smaller dress size but once you reach target that buzz goes and you feel like you've lost your drive and focus.

Thanks guys. I did sneak on a nd read what you all wrote and went away and thought about it.
Today is tuesday, and tomorrow is weigh in. I manged to just eat a few quality street, only about4 .
iv promised myself a binge after weigh in. its the only time i can eat without guilt, and theres nothing worse than a binge twinged with guilt. So wednesday evening, watch out anything sweet tasting and with a high fat content lol.

i am strugling, not only being at target, or how to balance myself.. but in general, life is getting a bit difficult atm, and i spose theres still that fat girl inside that believs food will make it better..
Im gunna get through it, i always do. and i just hope im still skinny when i do lol!

thank you so much guys, .. im gunna try hard to stay on track untill tomorrow eve. If i can do that i know i'm still in controll.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What you say makes perfect sense. I'm assuming you've always been overweight (like me) and you just don't know how to be "a thin girl".

It's like learning anything new, it takes time and can be a foreign language most of the time! Stick with it hun, we believe in you xxx

i think one thing that happens when you do get to target is you have this dort of idea that when you get to target theres a magic 'happy ideal world switch' in your brain that goes on, stays on, keeps the weight off and we all live happily ever after. it doesnt. when you get to target you end up loosing the motivation you had before because of this promise that when you get to target life is fantastic and the motivation is sometimes not there to keep going, because your there.

try and evaluate how you feel about yourself and write down all the positives of loosing weight. keeping the motivation is the hardest thing. i lost it and gained all my weight back. please dont go the same way i did!!

Try and keep all the reasons that you lost weight in the first place in the forefront of your mind. Take out the pictures of yourself when you were at your largest and keep using these as motivation or if you kept any of your old clothing, try it on to see what a fantastic job you have done to get to where you are. If you are going to binge make sure its only a one day binge and get straight back on track, but even better would be to not binge and keep on plan andif you have to binge then binge on sw friendly foods.

I got to target approx 3 years ago and the week after found out I was pregnant with my third child, when she was 10 weeks old I went back to class and was back at target within 10 weeks. I went on holiday and when we got back my OH got ill with pneumonia so I didnt go to class for over three months, this then turned into approx a year and I ended up putting on 1.5 stone. The hardest part of sw is maintaining as you are so used to losing weight whilst on plan. Maybe you need to set yourself some goals ie so many weeks or months at plan and go for a nice meal out or buy yourself a new outfit, just so you still have something to aim for. At the moment I so wish I had kept going to sw and was still maintaining rather than having to lose the weight that I have stupidly let myself put back on. xx

I'd say treat yourself to something you really enjoy. You have done so well to get to target that one night off will not do any harm. You will probably do more harm trying to deprive yourself. We are all entitled to treat ourselves occasionally.

Back