Not Sure What To Do :S

Kelly4181

Ok, Firstly Ill start off by introducing myself as i havent been on this site before, My name is Kelly im 25 & live in South Yorkshire, Im an overworked overweight woman :) Damn i feel like some alcoholic confessing at a meeting :)

Im not doing too good at the moment with the whole weight loss thing but it isnt for lack of trying or maybe it is as i seem to lack the motivation to do much after i get home from work & im afraid to admit that im a bit of a "gunna" im always gunna start something different and im always "gunna" change.

Ive recently looked at the Slimming World website and there is a group on tonight in my local area, im a little nervous but i have joined up anyway despite my worries, the only thing now is a couple of hours down the line and im already thinking of ways to cancel myself, im very unsure what the reception will be like when i get there and looking silly as ill be on my own, will everyone be slim apart from me? will i feel like an outsider as ill be new?

i just basically wanted to know if it would be better for me to go with someone rather than on my own? or if im being silly?

I know I need the classes as i cannot find the motivation i need by myself :(

Don't be afraid to go to your class, it is your first step to a new you.

Everybody will be just like you, going to class to lose weight, make friends, learn about the diet and generally have a fun evening, no one will stare at you, they will welcome you.

Stay with this forum, it is a great place to be, with lots of lovely people on here all trying to lose weight like you, you will get, help, advice and motivation all the time, and a few laughs along the way too.

So welcome to the forum. and good luck with your weight loss.

Go to your class and have fun, then come back and tell us how you got on, best wishes to you. X

it'll be great

Hi, I've always gone to Slimming Clubs on my own and find that most people are very friendly and a lot of people are there on their own. It's easy to chat to someone as everyone is there for the same reason so you have a lot in common! Also, if you really do not feel like being sociable you can time your arrival to be at the end of the weighing just before the talk and class begins....but you really shouldn't worry as most people are open to seeing new faces! Good luck-I'm sure you will do well!

Bless you, what a lovely post.
Welcome along to this forum and well done on making the decision to go to SW. It's always daunting going in for the first time, but you only have to do it once. If you have spoken to the consultant then she will look out for you, but they spot new members as soon as they come in the door anyway.
Most of your time in the first meeting will be spent with the consultant going through the books etc, then you will join the group for Image Therapy (the talky bit!)

You won't feel silly and not everyone will be slim, also people do talk to new members, we've all been there once and remember what it was like to go in alone.

Give it a go, it's the best thing you can do - SW is a fantastic way to lose weight. Let us know how you get on and good luck!

Hi can i say i joined for the very first time 7 weeks ago and the thought of opening the door and going in but i did and i was so pleased that i did the people there are all very nice and the size of people can i say do go from large to medium to small so if you think about it everyone has gone in the door and they are all there for the same reason i go on my own and i didn't know anyone the first time but the ladies who was sitting by me soon made me welcome and at the end thay all said see ya next week i look forward to goin to my group i'm sure if you go throw the door you will be made to be welcome

hi. like yourself and many others on here i too joined by myself. it was a case of deep breath and then in you go. my leader is great and very approachable. i have made several slimming buddies in my class and now look forward to going to class and seeing how everyone is doing.

at the end of the day you are all there for one reason and together with this forum there will be no stopping you. good luck hunx

Hi Kelly, welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it. Everyone is great here and full of support so join in and share with us. As for class, don't expect everyone there to be slim - they won't be. All shapes and sizes go from the people who have a lot to loose to those who only have a few pounds and of course there will be those who have reached target and are an insperation. You will soon get chatting to people and they will make you welcome, the first week is always the hardest and going on your own in hard too, but you can do it and once there you will be great. There will probably be other new starters too so you can join in with them. Good luck and stop being a "gunna" you are now a "do a".

What a lovely forst post, welcome along!

I dont go to class but I do SW alone from home. Used to rope my mum and sister along for support but they have given up and left me to it. Dont be scared about going to class hun, everyone there will be there for the same reason as you and im sure you will make friends really easily :D as you will on here too!

I can only mirror what the others have said really Huni.
Yes, that first step through the door is the most scariest thing you will have to face....but then you get inside and everyone is welcoming. You will be glad that you went.
Dont put it off...as you said...you are fed up of gunnas, so be postitive and go!!! Come on here as often as you can if ever you are stuck, or if you feel that things are a bit squiffy and we will all help as much as we can.

Good luck hun, you really will enjoy it!

phew!

Thanks guys for an awesome response, I will stick to the site & im really glad i stumbled across it :)

*crosses fingers* I will be going tonight to the first meeting but i wanted to speak to the leader first to make sure that she is aware i have signed up.

Grrr i feel like its my first day at school, im nervous and i know im being silly but the scariness overules every other feeling!

Wish me luck & I will keep you all updated on the "dreaded" first time :)

Hello Kelly.

I really hope you go along to the meeting. I am sure evryone will be so friendly and supportive. And once you get started, you won't look back. Be brave - go for it and I'm certain you won't regret going!

xx

hi kelly you go to class once you have got the first week out the way you will be fine and make some good friends,one of my best friends is someone i met at class 5 years ago now,i remember when i first joined ww years and years ago i made my husband walk in with me and not go till id sat down,(ha just like ya leave a child at school lol).Anyway good luck and we will be here for you when you get back

I can only echo what everyone's said. in a few weeks you will be looking forward to going to class and losing weight easier than you ever thought was possible, and you won't be hungry! You don't have to say anything at the meetings if you don't want to, if you don't want any gains mentioned then let your leader know. Most of us "fess up"! Do stay to image therapy as that is where you'll get lots of tips, and have a good laugh. Just abit puzzled re you "signing up" Have you emailed the leader? Or have you joined the on-line bit? Anyway, welcome to our select band of losers! You can almost get 24hr support here, we have quite a few insomniacs amongst us!

hey kelly! You sound like a really honest person when it comes to your weight, and i like that :) Atle4ast u know yourself, what your like and what u need to get yourself going. You should go to class. It'l be the best best thing youv ever done for youself, i can promise you that. You should have a lovley consultant and a welcoming group awaiting you, and if you find that group doesnt do it for you, there will be 2/3 in your area for you to try, but i wish u all the best with this one.

I think youl do well, and id always recommened staying at the class for 'image therapy' as it makes all the difference and youl soon feel more confident within the group!

i wish u the best of luck hunny. Keep us updated! xxxx

I joined the group online so I was just emailed the time and place and the name of the leader, so I was going to give her a quick call and tell her she has a nervous newbie coming along hehe

Im actually really looking forward to tonight *cheers*

Hi all! I am also a Newbie, who does SW at home, doing well so far, 4 weeks on it, & 3/4 stone lost. Just wanted to say to Kelly, go for it, you will be fine! You will never look back. Keep in touch on this site, it is just the BEST for recipes, support, & motivation.

I can only echo what everyone's said. in a few weeks you will be looking forward to going to class and losing weight easier than you ever thought was possible, and you won't be hungry! You don't have to say anything at the meetings if you don't want to, if you don't want any gains mentioned then let your leader know. Most of us "fess up"! Do stay to image therapy as that is where you'll get lots of tips, and have a good laugh. Just abit puzzled re you "signing up" Have you emailed the leader? Or have you joined the on-line bit? Anyway, welcome to our select band of losers! You can almost get 24hr support here, we have quite a few insomniacs amongst us!

Mine never ever tells gains anyway she says you have not lost this week but you still got blah blah off,no one ever knows ya weight apart from the person who weighs you and the leader

Im not all that fussed if people know my weight I know how I look & feel about my weight & Im not doing this for anyone but myself :)

Its really great that ive found you guys, I know now that I can do this with people who have done it/going through it/just starting it & it kinda lightens the load off just a little.

Im still verrrrrry nervous about tonight but Ive done worse things than meet a group of women lol

Cheers for all the good lucks & cross your fingers & toes & anything else that you can cross :)

Oooh you sound lovely :D

Welcome to our miniminiminins community. You've had some fab responses, and I can only echo what's been said. All of us who go to class, or have been to them at some point, have felt that *gulp* of nervousness arriving at a new class, tentatively opening the door and getting to the desk and asking 'can I join?'
Once that's over with, you've already started your exciting journey into skinnyville. Your consultant and the class helpers should be warm and welcoming, you'll get all your info to read and learn, menu ideas to plan food for your week ahead, inspiration from the class, stories from other members... It will be interesting and you will feel SO fab for doing something positive for yourself.

And you see what a nice, warm welcome you've had from all us SWers...Same in class too :D

Big Hug (((()))))

Good luck you will like it here everyone is really nice XXX and don't be nervous it will be more fun than you think .:family2:

Back