Not working..yet.

So I've been doing slimming world for two weeks now, after rejoining for the third (and final) time. It's worked for me the past two times, I've just always given up after losing a couple of stones. This time however I'm determined. However, after sticking to the diet for two weeks, having less than 10 syns a day, I've gained 7lbs!! What's all that about?! Kinda making me just want to give up before I've even really started :(

I gave birth to my daughter six months ago so maybe I need to try something new now I've been pregnant? Ive also got an under active thyroid, although that's never been a problem before. Tips?

Hi, could you post your food diary? might be easier for people to pick up on stuff you might be doing wrong x

What's a VLCD? I haven't joined a group this time round, just doing it myself, I have all the books from last time I joined. I'm going to start posting my food diary from tomorrow but today so far I've had...

Breakfast - 2 slices of wholemeal bread (healthy extra) with tomatoes, mushrooms, egg and bacon with the fat trimmed off.

An apple, pear and banana

Lunch- ham, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and extra light mayo.

And I'm planning on making a slimming world curry for tea.

I think to have gained that much you must be doing something wrong. I dont think youd be adjusting to it and get a gain like that.
Maybe your books arw out of date. Branded food nutrition values are always changing. Maybe theres something your eating that used to be free and now synned?
Id suggest going back to a group. Get the new books and access to thw online checker so you can check everything.

Dont give up. Just work at finding out what it is your going wrong with.

Good luck :)

What's a VLCD? I haven't joined a group this time round, just doing it myself, I have all the books from last time I joined. I'm going to start posting my food diary from tomorrow but today so far I've had...

Breakfast - 2 slices of wholemeal bread (healthy extra) with tomatoes, mushrooms, egg and bacon with the fat trimmed off.

An apple, pear and banana

Lunch- ham, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and extra light mayo.

And I'm planning on making a slimming world curry for tea.

Sorry it's really difficult to tell from this. I can't see your HEXA or syns (apart from mayo). Which plan are you following, is it Extra Easy?
Posting the food diary is a really good idea, I have to write everything down otherwise I can't keep a track of what I'm eating.

Back