not worth it

chunky-monkey77

i seriously swear i am up 2 no good !
i had fish n chips 2night 4 tea . i weighed out the chips which were 5.5 syns per 100g i ended up giving most to my mum and only was left with about 5 .
i was told these chips were syn free and had been enjoying them freely only to discover differently on tue night . they are defently not worth the 5.5 . getting asda own smart price 2morrow as these only 3 syns per 100g and if i keep 9 syns in my daily syns i can have loads (hopefully)yee hah:D

Have you tried making SW chips yourself?

They don't take a lot more effort than oven chips IMO, and I LOVE them!!!

1: Take your potatoes and stab the skins with a sharp knife.
2: Cook them in the microwave for about 10 mins.
3: Preheat the oven to the highest temp you can. (Mine is electric fan 240)
4: Spray a tray with frylight, take out the potatoes and cut them into chunky chips or wedges with the skin on.
5: Pop them on the tray in one layer, and spray more frylight over them.
6: Put in the oven for 20-25 mins, turning them once or twice while cooking.

Voila! Free chips on EE or Green.

i make mine slightly differenty, i either cut potatoes into wedges or thick chips then boil for 5 mins while baking tray sprayed with fry light is heating up in a hot oven, then drain (if you rough them up a bit at this time they seem to crisp more) and pat dry with kitchen roll, place in a single layer on the baking tray and spray with frylight i also like to sprinkle some salt at this time then cook on top shelf of oven til crispy and golden turning them once. Free chips and as many as you want lol

I also do SW chips.
I also don't always peel them as I like the skins.
All I do is chop them in wedges or chip sizes, par boil, place on a baking tray, spray with fry light, and salt, pepper and chilli powder, and bake.
They are yummy, and free!

When I am feeling lazy we opt for

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]McCain Rustic Oven Chips, Skins On, frozen 100g raw[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 5 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 1 Syns
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]​

Back