Nothing showing on the scales!!! aaaaghhhh

paulieD

Hi there,
I am new here and have found reading about everyones Xenical experiences very helpful and motivating. I have been on Xenical for about two and a half weeks. It is going well and all my clothes are a lot looser. BUT what is frustrating me is that there is very little change on the scales. I know this can often happen but on other diets have quite large loses initially. I know this does not say it all but I really need something measureable to keep me going. This is too important and I will keep going but am annoyed!Has anyone else experienced this??
Would appreciate your feedback. Am eating a low fat diet and have had little in the way of side effects.(Who would have thought low fat baked salmon could produce the evil orange!never again!)
Congrats on all your fantastic acheivements. Nice to be connected to everyone all over the globe when down under here in New Zealand.

Paula-kiwi downunder

:welcome2: to the forum Paula ;)

Are you using the same scales you first weighed yourself on? This could make a difference.

I first got weighed by the doctor and as I am only going to get weighed once a month I wanted to see how I was getting on and after the first week on the tablets I jumped on dad's old scales & :eek: they said I gained a pound or so! I couldnt believe it, was gutted! But the week before when i wasnt on the tablets I lost just over 7lbs. So I'm thinking dad's scales are just rubbish and although it got me down:( for a day or two I just forgot about it and will wait patiently for my WI with my doc on the 30th.

Its good that your clothes are getting loose, so something is changing in your body :D Have you been exercising? Maybe your body is building muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat! ;) But I know what you mean about wanting to see hard facts to keep you motivated, i.e. lbs off the scale!

Regarding the low fat fish, the tablets dont differentiate between good & bad oils, so although the fish had good oils in it, the xen just sensed oils and chucked them out, so to speak :eek:

Keep up the good work in kiwi land ;) You will see a difference in the scales soon I'm sure!

Kaz :flowers:

Thanks for that and the welcome! I have set up fortnightly weighs with the nurse so I have the same scales. I have only had one weigh. Will not have scales at home as hate the temptation to weigh daily. Did that for too many years! Have been exercising but not really got into it as I would like, so will step that up this week. Have my next weigh on 29th so will keep at it. Thanks and look forward to chatting again.P

& by the way... 5lb loss is v good! ;) The slower it comes off the more chance it'll stay off! lol thats a saying right :rolleyes: :p

Keep us updated on how you are going

:flowers:

Hiya Paulie, lovely to meet you, i'm on day 4 and have so far managed to keep of the scales that's fantastic that so soon after taking it you're noticing a change in your clothes, i cant remember the last time i noticed that before a loss on the scales so i'd be very impressed if i was you!!! Keep up the great work and the lbs WILL come away it's impossible for them to stay put if you're shrinking....literally lol xx

Back