NSV but im not happy about it!!

emsuper

Ok I should be happy but I'm not!!

Rewind 6 weeks - Tried on the party frock I got for my work Christmas party and I couldn't breathe or sit down in it ...

Fast forward to present day - said frock is now too big!!!

Had all my shoes, make up, accessories planned out as well :( ho hum

Hi, sorry to sound thick but what does NSV mean?

Could you maybe have the dress taken in? Would be cheaper than buying something else.

Hi, sorry to sound thick but what does NSV mean? Could you maybe have the dress taken in? Would be cheaper than buying something else.

NSV = Non Scales Victory :)

Too late to take it back I bought it over 6 weeks ago... (I was in denial and thought it would fit me at the time)

Yes agree probably cheaper buying new than getting it taken in, less hassle probably too. :)

Ok I should be happy but I'm not!! Rewind 6 weeks - Tried on the party frock I got for my work Christmas party and I couldn't breathe or sit down in it ... Fast forward to present day - said frock is now too big!!! Had all my shoes, make up, accessories planned out as well :( ho hum

I bought a beautiful wrap around dress 2 months ago and it was too small ( or I was too big ) , tried it on the other night and it now wraps around too much! I still have the receipt so am going to try and swap it for the next size down x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If you're just swapping it for a smaller size it'd be tempted to try and take it back!

Well done, but understand how gutted you are at the same time!

I would take it back anyway (cheeky monkeys always get an exchange! )

What a lovely nsv :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ok I should be happy but I'm not!!

Rewind 6 weeks - Tried on the party frock I got for my work Christmas party and I couldn't breathe or sit down in it ...

Fast forward to present day - said frock is now too big!!!

Had all my shoes, make up, accessories planned out as well :( ho hum

Most shops will exchange after their normal return period as long as you don't want your money back. If you have your receipt they'll usually give you what you paid for the item, even though it might have gone down in a sale or whatever. If you don't have your receipt you should get in store credit what the item scans through at.

Talking about Chain shops though like Debenhams, Next, M&S etc - small, independent shops tend to stick to the returns rules more as they can't afford to lose the margin.

Local debenhams said no

Debenhams in next town said yes - they didn't have the dress anymore though so I ended up getting other stuff to the value of.

Still no frock for my party, but learned my lesson the hard way ... Being organised isn't always wise! Will leave it to the week before the party now!!

Back