NSV - Non scale victories!

clairex

Silver Member
I have totally ripped off this thread from the Slimming World boards, someone thought of this when I used to post over there!!

It's a thread for all the victories that come with losing weight that aren't related to the scales. For example, looking fabulous in a new dress, dropping down a clothes size, getting a compliment, or getting a snog from a Matt Damon look-a-like !!

I found all the none-weight related victories so inspiring to read. The little things that keep us going and make it all worth while! & it's a good thread to read when i'm feeling like eating something....haha.

Have you had any recently?
xoxo

I tried to start one a few weeks ago but it failed after 1 day haha. I always read the SW one, I love everyones stories :)

Hey I was the one who snogged a Matt Damon Lookalike :) totally recommend as a confidence boost!!!!! :)

Sitting down in a chair with arms outside costa coffee that I hadn't been able to fit in before, I just sat down without thinking and then screeched for joy when I realised where I had sat... I must have looked like a right weirdo! X

Reluctantly getting in the back of DH car (nephew in front) and realising that seat belt actually fastened, woop woop!

Really small seat belts, honest ;-) x

I have recently realised I keep sitting (very comfortably may I add!) with one leg crossed over the other under my desk at work! Before I started CD I could do it but had to hold my leg in place and it was uncomfortable. I always wondered how people could sit like that for ages and now I'm one of those people haha!

I have recently realised I keep sitting (very comfortably may I add!) with one leg crossed over the other under my desk at work! Before I started CD I could do it but had to hold my leg in place and it was uncomfortable. I always wondered how people could sit like that for ages and now I'm one of those people haha!

Haha, yey! I know that one to, I was so surprised the first time I realized how I was sitting. Here is my toplist so far...

1. I figure skate and actually did land a crappy cheated Axel jump. (You take of forward, rotate 1,5 rotations in the air and land backwards..) This is really the biggest thing for me, I still feel heavy when I skate, but not as heavy as I used to and that is.. my biggest revard and what I really strive for. What keeps me motivated. This one is really, by far, the biggest goal for me, to feel light and strong when I skate and be able to do my doubles. Feel like I have a strong healthy body... Not quite there yet, but doing the axel was cool, a good step. (For those of you who are curious as to what an Axel looks like, here is one of my favourites. Now she is kind of a big girl and she does it really well! I'm just her biggest fan for that. :D)
2. When I could run 20 min straight on the tread-mill. I actually did not think that that was possible, ever.
3. When I could do full bridge-pose in yoga class! I didn't think that was possible ever either. :D

For me, the rewards is in feeling what my body is suddenly capable off, feeling strong and in good health. Also, finding my old "skinny" shorts, that I LOVE and tried them on and they are even a bit big! Yes, that sends you through the roof as well. :)

Hugs!

This morning I sat on the DREADED 'middle' seat on the train.

I didn't feel squished. I didn't feel like I was sat on top of either person next to me. And I didn't see fear in the eyes of the people sat on either side when I headed for the middle gap!

Last edited:
Ooh...had my first "wow" from a 'stranger' at work. What made it even better is I REALLY dislike her! Not sure why that made it better! Hehe!
She couldn't continue her conversation as she just kept saying "wow"! Felt amazing!

Just realised that's 2 NSV in one day!

Dunno if this is really a NSV but it made me feel good! Today I wore a lovely bright coral dress from Topshop to work (I don't usually wear really bright colours!) and I got loads of compliments on how nice I looked :) It gave me so much confidence!!!!!

Felix said:
Dunno if this is really a NSV but it made me feel good! Today I wore a lovely bright coral dress from Topshop to work (I don't usually wear really bright colours!) and I got loads of compliments on how nice I looked :) It gave me so much confidence!!!!!

That's definitely a NSV. Well done!

A maxi dress!!!

Ok not sure if this is a NSV or not but here goes! I brought a maxi dress in a size 18 from h&m! I am only 5ft 1 and they gave always made me bum it my hips look even larger than they were but this one is lovely!!!! It sits just right and makes me look really feminine! I love it!!!! X

My biggy is I've just completed day 1 of The Shred and survived :D

Would do a little dance but don't have the energy lol

Back