Nut crunch bar

Lumpy

One day at a time
Hi guys,

I'm restarting LL again, third attempt......didn't complete management properly yet!!!

Anyway, can anyone help me with what I can do with a nut crunch bar, I seem to remember something about grilling it to make it taste better. I've only ever had one, and couldn't finish it cos it was soooooo disgusting!

Thanks

hi lumpy

i so understand you with the nut bar. abby from the head office called me up the other day and i told her that the bar tastes of:

1) dust;
2) stale peanuts;
3) with a twist of peanut butter (a twist, mind u) he he.

maybe you can crumble them and put them in ur choc brownies or shakes? tried them in the brownie.....so and so. not too crazy about it but i do find that if i nibble on it, it takes me ages to finish the bar and it kind of fills you up. and it tricks ur mind that you are actually nibbling and chewing...im sure the others will give you better suggestions than i did!!

good luck. 3rd time lucky they say ;)

Ooooh don't really know what you can do with it lol but hang on there, coz the new peanut bar is bloody delicious... reminds me of a ricekrispie bar.... not sure when they are out tho, but don't think it will be long... I would def reccommend you try one tho :p

Thanks guys,

Yes, I got to try the peanut bar last year when they were trialling them. YUM YUM, the cranberry one was nice too.

Can't wait - are they just bringing the peanut one in???

Thanks!

Hi Jenna
it was a sample one I tried, there's also a cranberry one which is nice as well, hopefully they'll be out soon :p

Hi Lumpy,

I think they are bringing both out as well as a strawberry shake and a banana one.. didnt try the banana one, but the strawberry one was yummy, made thick reminded me of a yogurt :p

hia lumpy,
right now the nut bar , the bain of most peoples life :D
i have had it throughout and have started to actually enjoy it !!!sick he !!!:jelous:
theres three ways i love to use it first my fav
1.cut bar lenght ways and cut a toffee bar the same then cut the half of toffee aggain to make 2 slim pieces to squash either side of the nut half,so you have for 2 days , i promise you it makes it into a half decent bar , i would have seriously struggled without this .now i actually love it:eek:

2. either grill or toast bar for a few minutes each side or i nuke it 20 seconds each side, let it dry out a little then crumble into a dish and sprinkle on salt, i love this in front of the tv if im needing a savoury hit(just watch your salt intake as it can lead to bloating.

3. the caramel fridge cake
you crumble half the bar into a dish then add half a caramel pack a little coffee granuals and you can also add a sweetener if you like then add a little water to make a batter like consistency and place in the freezer for 20 mins (i always make mine a bit runny so it takes longer to freeze but its well tasty for a change)
hope this helps:D

yore welcome lumpy ,
any help we can get , gives us that little extra help we need:)

I actually liked the flapjack on LL and use to use it to dunk in my soup! Actually miss it on CD!!
ooo flirty thanks for that , thats one i havent treid will have to give it a go

I tend to always eat one with a savoury drink, they go down a lot better !

Or cover in tabasco sauce and grill it !

I know someone who crumbles it into a soup but I can't say that appealed to me.

However I have been having one every day and was the only person in my LL group not suffering from constipation!

Hi Lumpy,

I think they are bringing both out as well as a strawberry shake and a banana one.. didnt try the banana one, but the strawberry one was yummy, made thick reminded me of a yogurt :p

Ooh I'd love a banana shake, I'm not keen on the shakes, usually just have the caramel hot with coffee so would be well chuffed if they bring them out!

Hurry up LL give us some more choice!!!

Oh as the for the nutbar I thought it was vile when I tried it but maybe I'd better give it another go

I must be well in the minority then, as the Nut Crunch is the only one I can stand. The others just made me heave, and after one bite threw them out! YUEUCCCHHH....

I must be well in the minority then, as the Nut Crunch is the only one I can stand. The others just made me heave, and after one bite threw them out! YUEUCCCHHH....

Ooh isn't it odd how different our tastes are. I love the bars made into cookies they're just the best!

No Sez = I'm with you there! I have to cook all the others to make them edible. The nut one is the only one I can have on the run and because its sooooooo dry you have to drink loads of water with it. I kind of break it into bits a nibble it - it has been know to last me a good 45 minutes!

I agree about the nut crunch bar being a long but filling 'meal'- it was a life saver when I was travelling last week- more difficult to make shakes, so I had one in my bag and nibbled a bit now and then with about a pint of water after each mouthful- lasted me almost a whole train journey- much better than hot choc, crisps, sandwich and shortbread that I would have had once upon a time. Never tried grilling it though- going to try this weekend- doesn't it go even harder?
Kx
PS got a 13 hour train journey in a couple of weeks- pity we can't have two a day!

Back