Extra Easy Nutrition and Calorie intake...

Amy2249

Silver Member
I signed up to 'My Fitness Pal' and although I know that SW is NOT a calorie controlled diet, I was interested to see how many calories I was taking in and what nutrition my diet had.

Well after a couple of weeks of logging my food on there I am averaging about 1300 calories a day (when 100%), I only ever take in about 10g of fat and always go over my recommended daily allowance of protein, which I don't think is a bad thing.

Just thought I would share that with you, as I thought, SW is nutritionally healthy.
:happy036:

Average day -

B - Grapes, melon and FF yogurt
L - Speed soup, 2 slices 400g wholemeal bread (Hex B)
D - Haddock, veg and boiled potatoes
S - Grapefruit, Biltong (3.5 syns), apple, clemintine, Hifi Bar (6 syns)
Skimmed milk (Hex A)

This is a sample day as I don't always have the same syns.

I just want to reiterate that I am not using this as a tool to help me lose weight, its just an easy way of noting down the food I have eaten as I have an app on my phone.

Any comments welcome.

No problem *Emsie*. It is an effort for the first couple of days but it saves all the food you have used recently and you can build up SW recipes in the recipe section that you can add.

I was using My Fitness Pal and didn't think of using it for SW as I thought, like you, that SW wasn't so much about calories
Nice to know what calories you are taking in though, and also a good place to complete a food diary as I do like to keep a note of what i'm having.
I may have to start using it again :)

Sarah

Thank you for posting.. I will have a play with the firstnesspal. Please say it's straight forward ? Lol x

Good to know!! Thanks xx

Yep that's the idea! Slimming World does the calorie counting for you but the plan is set up so that your calorie intake should lie within the limits for weight loss.

Sarah-Jayne said:
Well, according to myfitnesspal, im the best part of 80 calories over what I should be today!

I'm regularly over by 200-300 cals on myfitness pal - only had 1 gain in 14 weeks and nearly at club 10 so don't worry too much!!

Im not worried about it lol, SW works for me with or without calorie counting. Ive probably just added more calories anyway as ive been picking at cherry tomatos whilst cooking dinner lol xx

This is a good tool as I am interested in watching my calorie intake as well as following Slimming World so thanks for the tip.

No problem. I hope some people find it useful. It is interesting to know that on my off days I can easily consume about 2500 cals.... Very scary x
You can also track exercise .... Don't know if I mentioned that.

is this app just on the phones? I don't have a smart phone but if it's available for use on the PC then I might give it a look...
EDIT, nevermind.. I googled it..

hey look, they even have hi-fi bars on there.. including the new butterscotch one :)

ColJack said:
is this app just on the phones? I don't have a smart phone but if it's available for use on the PC then I might give it a look...
EDIT, nevermind.. I googled it..

hey look, they even have hi-fi bars on there.. including the new butterscotch one :)

Yep it is, glad you found it. The phone app lets you scan barcodes, I was impressed.

the problem I have is that I don't weigh things like my roast taters, veg and chiken, so I'm only guessing at the quantities..

I guess some of mine but if you have the sameish amount each time you could just weigh it once and use that. But I only use it as an estimate for my calorie intake x

I've done a few of my "good days" and it's no wonder that I am able to lose 5+lbs a week if I'm 100%..
my calories on a "good day" is about 1500, out of about 3200 a day that my BMR is calculated at ( how many calories I'd burn sitting on my bum all day.. )

I found the same, under on calories but over on protein. Carbs are pretty often under my "limit"

Fun times!

Back