Nutrition course for those interested

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by icemoose, 20 January 2007 Social URL.

1. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    As a CDC I have just enrolled on an OU course in Nutrition to understand more about how fats, carbs and proteins interact in the body and hopefully allow me to understand more to answer clients questions.

Anyway it is £115 for the course and is home study but does count towards a degree and other qualifications.

If any other CDC's or saying that anyone fancies doing it as well it starts at the end of February and thought it might be nice to work through it with others.

Anyway more details at

Understanding Human Nutrition - Open University course

Mike

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Brill idea, Mike!! Just briefly had a look and liked the idea so I'll have a closer shuftie later on. I think this would be invaluable and may well do it - even though I HATE studying!! (not usual for an ex-teacher LOL!)

xxx

4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Yeah I hate studying too lol, but when I spoke to them they said the course was actually really interesting and apart from some chemistry bits around amino's which apparently is a very short section it shouldn't be too taxing.

M.

5. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

Am deffo going to have a good hard think about this - it would be brilliant to be able to explain stuff to clients with more knowledge and understanding than I currently have!

xxx

6. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

But the chemistry is the best bit ;)

I have three different qualifications in nutrition and it really does help when answering clients' questions - it's well worth doing if it interests you, plus it gives you a different perspective on your own nutrition. Two of my qualifications are related to nutrition in fitness and sport so I have that extra angle as well :)

7. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I'm going to take a look too ... quite like the sound of it - especially when you said not too taxing!!

8. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Will talk this over with DH - definitely looks interesting. Thanks Mike.

9. Gem Dec 17th 06

Gem Dec 17th 06 Full Member

Thanks for posting that link Mike, I'm signing up!!!

Although I'm not a councellor or anything, I am very interested in Nutirition - I'd love to be a Nutritionist but not willing to go to full time education again!!!!

I needed something to get my teeth into now that my wedding planning is over!!!

Thanks again Mike.

Gemx :D

10. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    I got through my pack yesterday and looks really good. The assignment looks hard but not too hard (if that makes sense!)

I was reading the main book in bed last night and reading about complex carbs etc and was really fascinating.

If anyone fancies it I think you still have 2 weeks to sign up.

Mike

11. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    if you are interested & feb is too soon, there is one starting in May (£115) & one in Sept (£130)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.