Quick hello!

Totalist

Hi there,

Just a quick hello to introduce my self and let everyone know I'll be joining them on their journeys for the next month or two.

Bit of background .. Male, 21, successfully dieted down from around 19 odd stone down to around the 13 stone mark at the end of 2011. Got pretty interested in nutrition and bodybuilding and now study nutrition as a masters at university.

Ironically the stress of assignments for my nutrition degree has left sitting at around 210lbs (ha!) and think this is a perfect time for me to implement such a diet to not only further my understanding of such diets on a personal level but also as a way to shift the excess pounds :).

Many who are knowledgeable in the nutritional field give a bad representation of VLCD, however, I do believe they have their place and are in no way, shape, or form a fad diet. While I believe protein content could be higher it is perfectly adequate for the normal human-being and is not considerably less than the 'average' protein consumption experienced by those not dieting.

I'm aware many members on this board are knowledgeable about weight loss/ketosis/dieting.

I spent many months slipping in and out of ketosis (on a high calorie/high protein/low carb plan) to better increase my body's partitioning of nutrients

I also offer my knowledge and services to anyone who has questions or has advances questions about the ketogenic state.

Going to start up a journal later today and hope to get to know you all.

I guess I'll have you with a slightly odd/little bit sad fact, I have counted calories, every single day, for over a year and could tell you the nutritional content, including, protein, fat and carbs of almost every sandwich in subway... As well as the sauces. :eek:

haha
Sorry to write an essay!

Alex.

26SCDG said:
Aren't they cals in a basic 6 inch subway sandwhich sky high? I've only ever been in 3 times or so, but i won't be going in again.

Welcome to the board too, i'm rather new.

Thanks for the welcome :)

Depends on the sandwich.. The subs like the turkey and ham, chicken, and lean beef etc range from 250-275kcal.. The negligible calorific value from the veggies coupled with salt and pepper works out pretty good! :).

A.

Back