Nutters corner....ScanBran cake addicts society

sounds good to me I think it would be nice :)

I haven't done cake for a while as I've been trying to scrape back some of the free food as I think I was having too much. I did make the fererro rocher type scan bran bites tho, and kept them in the freezer rather than the fridge, they come out chewy not too hard and last a lot longer - mainly because I'm not in the freezer as often so don't see them lol. Might try another cake soon tho. I'm wondering about toffee orange - orange options and toffee yog.

Ooh izzy I was snooping earlier in your diary (not up to date yet though sorry but will sub soon) and I came across your ferror Roche scan ban and they look real good. Mmm. I haven't made my cake as I'm daft at times for example, I went food shopping, then I decided to my menu plan for the week (well til Saturday) then when I started cooking or thinking about cooking I realised I've either eaten. The BF has eaten or drunk or I've just never bought what I need.

Is anyone else as hopeless as me? Xxx

Chocolate cherry bakewell for me this evening :)

Hi mrs store how did your cake go? Also does anyone actually put chocolate in because I've discovered that a Freddo is 5 syns, I wonder if it'll work in a cake? Any ideas? Hope your well mrs xxx

Hi mrs store how did your cake go? Also does anyone actually put chocolate in because I've discovered that a Freddo is 5 syns, I wonder if it'll work in a cake? Any ideas? Hope your well mrs xxx

Hi cookie... My cake was delicious and 2/3rds of it has gone already lol.

I think there's a recipe that uses a curly wurly (my phone wanted to spell curly willy then lol) so I don't see why a freddo wouldn't work :) if you try it let us know how you get on xx

I sometimes get a freddo for a choccie fix, not bad for 5 syns yum yum.

The fererro bites are yummy I have some in my freezer at the mo (they come out chewy not hard) they are better in there as I saw them too often in the fridge so I ate them faster :eek:

I can be just as Cookie like with ingredients though, I had my scan bran soaked and mashed and the other ingredients poured in one day and then realised I only had one egg..... thankfully our local shop is very close so eggs were not too far away lol

I'd lime to say I will try it but I'm still a little scared of the scan bran, I'm going to have a last search for either banana essence or do the fudge one when I do the shopping that is :silly:

texty did you do the fudge? Xx

nowt to be scared of Cookie, worst that can happen is a bad cake and you have another go with different stuff next time :)

I'd definitely make one with yoghurt as they are moister and more cake like, making one without yoghurt is much drier although still ok, I much prefer a yoghurty one.

I will thanks izzy, I could do with a visit from a certain fairy if u know what I mean, saying that I had a five bean chilli for dinner with extra veg so hopefully she'll swing by in the morning but I know she likes her scan bran so I'll give it a go. Best do a list of things to get tomorrow,
night night xxx

I made a choc mint cut it in to 4 slices 2 days ago.
this morning went to eat a slice and it was horrid all bitter and nasty wasn't like that the last 2 days :(

I've got a banana vanilla one in the microwave, I couldn't find banana essence so put a little vanilla in. I'll let u know how it goes :cross: xx

Hello scan bran lovers, I made my banana van cake and its very nice. It looks flat though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 56
Oh that's a shame what made it go bitter?

No idea kept it in the fridge as my kitchen gets quite hot the other 2 pieces I had were fine guess I just have to eat it within 2 days lol

2 days, gotcha, I think I now understand why the others eat there's so quickly,

I've already eaten half of mine (greedy i know) but i needed a couple of brews too. It felt a bit naughty too I'm looking forward to the rest of it tomorrow but then they'll be nothing left for Sunday. :(

Well I'm going to WI soon I'll be buying two packs of scan bran this week to make more cake, xxx

Well ive experimented tonight lol used up some stuff I had in before I go away on wed. I made an vanilla and orange cake which i have yet to taste. I hope its nice lol

DSC_0423.jpgDSC_0424.JPGDSC_0425.JPG

Back