Nutters corner....ScanBran cake addicts society

I know it's not a cake, but I came across a recipe for scan bran pancakes! :eek:

5 scan/oat bran softened in a little warm water.
3 eggs - 2 of which separated.
5 tbsp or to taste of sweetener
1 x options any flavour

Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
Mix together the one whole egg, 2 egg yolks, options and sweetener.
Gently fold in the egg whites.
'Drop' spoonfuls into a hot frying pan sprayed with fry light.
Cook each side for a couple of minutes.

I know it's not a cake, but I came across a recipe for scan bran pancakes! :eek:

5 scan/oat bran softened in a little warm water.
3 eggs - 2 of which separated.
5 tbsp or to taste of sweetener
1 x options any flavour

Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
Mix together the one whole egg, 2 egg yolks, options and sweetener.
Gently fold in the egg whites.
'Drop' spoonfuls into a hot frying pan sprayed with fry light.
Cook each side for a couple of minutes.

Ohhh will def try. Also heard about onion bahjis with scan bran like sound of those too they had potato in as well as onion :)

How do you make this?

Sorry missed this. Was 5 scan bran soaked and drained. Muller light strawberry, eggs beaten and mixed with Belgian choc options and cocoa and sweetener (seen since that Asda do strawberry flavouring would probably add that in future) then mix the lot pop in an empty takeaway container and microwave for 7.5 mins :). I topped it with quark mixed with white choc options and sweetener went do v well in class!!!

Hello bakers, how are we all. Made scan bran cake which I'm calling tropical. I made it using a mango & passion fruit muller light, then I added a coconut options to it & a dash of almond essence. It smells and tasted gorgeous for just 2 extra syns for the whole cake if using the scan bran as hex b. yummy. Xx

Hello .......I Can't wait to get to group tomorrow and get my scan bran, I'm going to try some of these recipes, the tropical sounds good :) x

Sent from my eye phone using MiniMins.com mobile app

It was gorgeous too, I've make a cherry Bakewell one today so I'll have some with my lunch I think. Enjoy baking x

I discovered the other day that cherry bakewell cake and toffee mullerlights don't go together at all lol xxx

Lol! Just made a cherry bakewell without the choc as going out for dinner tonight so saving my syns for that and like it just as much prob as I love cherry and almond anyway!

I made a tropical chocolate one using mango & passion fruit muller light, chocolate coconut options, almond flavouring & put some vanilla flavouring in it too. I divide it into 4 portions and count each as 0.5 syns & 1/4 hexb. I actually have it as my breakfast and my pudding with fruit & yogurt. X

made (and nearly eaten ;) ) a toffee fudge SB cake........really really nice!!!

Did the basic mix using 1 freek mullet toffee....and a few drops of vanilla flavour. Nuked it for 2.5 min til it had 'just' started to set ....then stirred it all up again so it looked more like a flapjack texture IYKWIM?
Then I added 2 syn of asda fudge pieces (from the baking aisle) in the final stir and finished cooking. Wowzer its nice!!!!!!!! The texture is better, not as dense, and there is little bits if melted fudge running through it.

I'm thinking I'm back on the SB :D Xx

Hey dudette, that scan bran cake sounds nice, do you think it work with a raspberry & cranberry muller? I've Ben buying them as they're £2 for six so I bought 18, can't resist a bargain I've got a cherry choc Bakewell to eat in the meantime. X

Back