Nutters corner....ScanBran cake addicts society

Subbing! An addicted to s b carrot cake :)

Attachments

• image-2617356803.jpg
    image-2617356803.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 70
I dont like quark - I use total yogurt and add a tiny amount of essence to that too, it is very minty but I dont mind it lol. You could add a little green food colouring if you wanted to x

Made a carrot one today didn't put any yoghurt in, was moist enough but not sweet enough think I under estimated the effect of the yoghurt on the sweetness, carrot was grated but raw, not sure if I need to make it finer or cook it a bit first as is still noticeable in the cake. Going to make some coffee and have some more now tho. Also too much all spice I think needed more cinnamon but I ran out! Definite potential tho!

Made a carrot one today didn't put any yoghurt in, was moist enough but not sweet enough think I under estimated the effect of the yoghurt on the sweetness, carrot was grated but raw, not sure if I need to make it finer or cook it a bit first as is still noticeable in the cake. Going to make some coffee and have some more now tho. Also too much all spice I think needed more cinnamon but I ran out! Definite potential tho!

Hello, I too made carrot cake but baked it in the oven, no yogurt in it and just did one grated carrot. It was gorgeous I used 3tbsp mincemeat and sweetener instead of honey, it took nearly 40 mins to bake but was well worth it. Xxx

Attachments

• image-183026654.jpg
    image-183026654.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1350989421.jpg
    image-1350989421.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 91
  • image-573148910.jpg
    image-573148910.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 105
Hello, I too made carrot cake but baked it in the oven, no yogurt in it and just did one grated carrot. It was gorgeous I used 3tbsp mincemeat and sweetener instead of honey, it took nearly 40 mins to bake but was well worth it. Xxx

Ah didn't see a recipe, not a huge mincemeat fan not sure if I'd like it! Will try again. What did you top it with? I was thinking of quark and sweetener but wasn't sure xx

Thank you mrs, its my favourite so far.

I used 1/3 tub of quark with sweetener, I meant to buy a white chocolate options but I forgot to but the sweetener made it taste good. I've got one slice left for work tomorrow mmm xx

I ate all mine today :eek: will try that next time, also only cooked it for about 25 mins might need longer. Did whip egg whites which improved consistency I think. Got a cherry bakewell one for tomorro :) xx

Back