o-m-g whetherspoons!

jessiemurf

ok, so my other half decided he wants to go out for tea tonight with some friends. They have all decided to meet at the local whetherspoons for a meal and a few drinks.

I couldnt believe my eyes when i was reading my take away guide- 24 PP for a jacket potato with Tuna mayo :eek: which is the option i normally take when eating out to be on the safe side! I dont understand how this can be so high when i can make one at home for 9PP :confused:

Im dreading going out now as there is pretty much nothing i am going to be able to eat! Everything seems so high!

Could anyone recommend a meal that i can eat?

Thanks!

Just looked up Wetherspoons in the eating out guide and all I've got to say is ~~ can you go somewhere else? lol.
5 bean chilli with tortilla chips is 15pp
meatballs with linguine pasta 17
spicy tomato pasta 12
BNS & fire roasted tomato risotto with salad 15 (or 19 with garlic bread)
lowest jacket is the 5 bean chilli at 18
chicken pasta alfredo with dressed side salad 19 (with garlic bread 18)
Hope that helps

Thanks hun, im going to have to try and persuade them to go elsewhere haha. We don't have many restaurants in our area so it always tends to be whetherspoons or two for one places. But i'm weary of them now looking at how high whetherspoons is :(

It's probably to do with the ingredients in the dressing, maybe croutons etc! You could ask for a salad and no dressing and take off 2 for the garlic bread (I'm erring on the side of caution lol).
I didn't realise how much Wetherspoons were I was gobsmacked!
What about Pizza Express? They do that "slimmers" pizza which has a hole in it! It's not bad (the hole comes filled with salad!).
Good luck anyway

We don't have a pizza express here :( and everyone wants to stay local cos they are wanting to have a drink. It does sound yummy that pizza though! :)

Im thinking the spicy tomato pasta just to be on the safe side haha!

Don't think its in the book hun. I was gutted when i went last night and they have really shrunk the menu down and the options i was planning on having had been taken off :/ so i had sweet chilli noodles instead it was er, lovley :/ haha

lol I think with that review I will give that a miss lol. But at least you had a good night in spite of the food which is the main thing.

Wetherspoons has all their nutritional info on their site if that helps! i agree their food is ridiculously high in points..i would never eat there now!x

I couldnt believe my eyes when i was reading my take away guide- 24 PP for a jacket potato with Tuna mayo :eek: which is the option i normally take when eating out to be on the safe side! I dont understand how this can be so high when i can make one at home for 9PP :confused:

The difference between Helmanns Light Mayo and cheapie full fat industrial stuff is phenomenal. Loads of points in cheap mayo... :(

Having worked in a spoons, when i go and i was on WW i would always always have jacket potato with 5 bean chilli and ask for the salad dressing not on.. the tuna has LOADS of mayo in and the current salad dressing is hella creamy i think.. which is where a lot of points might come from??
xx

Does anyone know how many pp are in a normal sized vegetarian breakfast and a large vegetarian breakfast?

I'm not sure hun. maybe go on the website and look for the NI and try and work it out. Im staying clear of spoonaroonies from now on because nothing in the eat out guide is on the menu anymore :/

I don't have a points calculator yet and unfortunately the little wheel one doesn't go up far enough so I can't find out :-( I know it's going to be some ridiculous but I was really curious on it as I used to have the occasional one before I started my diet.

Ah right, i would think it would be very high then lol. I doubt it will be in the eating out guide, i currently don't have it with me but i can check later for you hun

I have my eating out guide here and it just says vegetarian breakfast is 22 pro points. Doesn't say the size tho sorry.

Thanks for that guys, much appreciated. Don't think I'll be having one of those again any time soon

Back