O M G !!!!!

Daisysp8

No wonder i have a gurlgy tum !!!1

Just realised the eggs went out of date on the 6th, the bacon on the 13th and the cottage cheese on the 15th ..... :eek:

I feel ill .................. :jelous: :9529::sign0137::ambulance:

Uh oh! You're going to making very good friends with your toilet.

Although if you start to get very unwell, vomiting or going to loo so much you are feeling dehydrated please give NHS24 or your Dr a call.

I always eat out of day stuff...never check dates...just go off the smell and look of things! BB dates are only there to cover there backs and make you buy more food! Although if your feeling ill id call a doc hun!! My bacon went out of date 4 days ago and im still using it! lol

Eggs are likely to be fine, don't know about bacon but if the cottage cheese tasted ok it will be fine too. So don't worry too much. There have been some interesting threads on this in the past on the 'off topic' thread.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

"A very fresh egg will immediately sink to the bottom and lie flat on its side. This is because the air cell within the egg is very small. The egg should also feel quite heavy.

As the egg starts to lose its freshness and more air enters the egg, it will begin to float and stand upright. The smaller end will lie on the bottom of the bowl, whilst the broader end will point towards the surface. The egg will still be good enough to consume, however, if the egg fully floats in the water and does not touch the bottom of the bowl at all, it should be discarded, as it will most likely be bad.

A bad egg will also feel extremely light in weight and give off a pungent smell.

The second method to test the eggs freshness is by breaking the egg onto a flat plate, not into a bowl.

The yolk of a very fresh egg will have a round and compact appearance and it will sit positioned quite high up in the middle of the egg. The white that surrounds it will be thick and stays close to the yolk.
A cloudy colouring to the egg white is a sign of extra freshness, as this "cloudiness" is in fact carbon dioxide, which is present when the egg is laid. Over time, the egg white will become more transparent, as the carbon dioxide dissipates.

A less fresh egg will contain a flatter yolk, that may break easily and a thinner white that spreads quite far over the plate.

Very fresh eggs are ideal for frying or poaching, but less fresh eggs should be used in sauces, cake mixtures or omelettes, where the shape and texture of the egg is not as noticeable."

I knew about the first one as we have 4 chickens in the garden but I didnt know about the second one.

beckyblue said:
I always eat out of day stuff...never check dates...just go off the smell and look of things! BB dates are only there to cover there backs and make you buy more food! Although if your feeling ill id call a doc hun!! My bacon went out of date 4 days ago and im still using it! lol

Best before and use by dates are very different. You get BB datea on tinned & dried food - these are indicators. Use by dates are on dairy, eggs, meat (especially poultry & fish) and mean you should not eat food after this date if you don't fancy risking food poisoning!

Hope You're okay today hun x

Thanks guys ... and thanks KL :)

I`m doing ok, though i did have a bad tum this morning ... But got away with it (luckily) fairly lightly ... Going to pay a bit more attention in the future me thinks x x

Back