O/T: Any teachers out there??

MissPiggyFi

somebody shrink me
Hi guys,

I have an interview at Marjon in plymouth at the end of the month to get onto a pgce course, and I am so nervous!!!

I was wondering if there are any teachers out there who could advise me as to what the assessment day might involve, and what sort of questions might be asked at the interview. And even stupid little things like what should I wear?!

Any suggestions gratefully received!!!

I'm not actually sure where it is! Am I better staying in the hotel at sutton harbour or in the city centre? Or do you know a cheap hotel that's closer? Sorry for all the questions!

Hotels near Attractions | Airport Hotels | List of Towns | List of Hotels | List of Attractions | Tourist Guides | Guest Reviews

Future Inn Plymouth, Plymouth

1 William Prance Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL6 5ZD

Ratings Guide

United Kingdom > England > Devon > Plympt > Future Inn Plymouth Hotels
AAB231339.jpg
Hotel Summary

Reviews from recent guests...
quotes_left_sm.gif
Great modern clean hotel with free internet access if you use the in room keyboard and screen.

All hotel contact details, including phone number, will be in the confirmation email after booking.
Future Inn Plymouth, Plymouth Description:

Future Inn is Plymouth's newest hotel offering quality upscale accommodation and unbeatable value. Future Inn Plymouth offers in reception free wifi and in the bedrooms free local calls & highspeed braodband(chargeabl
Future Inn Plymouth is in the perfect location for both business and leisure travellers to Devon and Cornwall. Dartmoor National Park, Plymouth City Centre, Plymouth Hoe, Historic Barbican, Sea Front, Fish Market, National Marine Aquarium, Plymouth Dome and the Theatre Royal are all within easy reach.

Our commitment is to offer spacious, air conditioned accommodation to an exceptionally high standard. We offer amenities such as complimentary TV Internet access in every room, free local calls with reasonably priced national calls, free car parking, residents only exercise room, vending and ice machines, full on-site restaurant and bar, conference and meeting rooms and much more.

Future Inn Plymouth, Plymouth Room Types:

Single

Single (max 1 adults) room with 1 bed(s), sleeps a maximum of 1. There are 56 rooms of this type.
Description:
More Information
Double

Double (max 2 adults) room with 2 bed(s), sleeps a maximum of 2. There are 67 rooms of this type.
Description:Individual air conditioning and heating controls. Canadian-size beds with duvets.
More Information
Twin

Twin (max 2 adults) room with 2 bed(s), sleeps a maximum of 2. There are 67 rooms of this type.
Description:
More Information
Triple

Family (max 3 adults) room with 2 bed(s), sleeps a maximum of 3. There are 67 rooms of this type.
Description:
More Information
Quad

Family (max 4 adults) room with 2 bed(s), sleeps a maximum of 4. There are 67 rooms of this type.
Description:
More Information

Top of page

Future Inn Plymouth, Plymouth Restaurant and Bars:

Fishbone

Fishbone is a contemporary west country restaurant with local cuisine.

Sample Menu

• Starter:
    Romerio Prawns. Serrano Asparagus & Baby Leeks. Meat Antipasto (Sample Menu).
  • Main Course:
    Chicken Granger. Cod & Pancetta Fishcakes. Honey Pork Loin (Sample Menu).
  • Dessert:
    Chocolate Fondant. Creme Brulee. Stack of Scones (Sample Menu).
Breakfast

• Breakfast served from 7:00 hours to 10:00 hours
  • Full English 9.95
  • Breakfast Buffet 6.95
Lunch

• Lunch served from 10:00 hours to 23:00 hours
  • Minimum table d'hóte 15.95
  • Average a la carte 10.95
Dinner

• Dinner served from 10:00 hours to 23:00 hours
  • Minimum table d'hóte 15.95
  • Average a la carte 10.95
Top of page

Future Inn Plymouth, Plymouth Directions:

Situated only five miles from Plymouth City Centre, within Plymouth's International Business Park, Future Inn Plymouth is one mile north of the A38 on the A386 Tavistock Road, the main north south route in and out of the city. It is ideally located close to Derriford Hospital, the Peninsula Medical School, the University College of St Mark & St John and Plymouth City Airport.

By Road:

From Exeter or Cornwall take the A38 Devon Expressway and exit on to the A386 towards Tavistock. Keep following the signs for Tavistock and the hospital. After approximately one mile turn right at traffic lights into Plymouth International Business Park and then first left into the hotel. From Plymouth City Centre take the A386 towards Tavistock and continue on over the A38 flyover. At the first set of traffic lights turn right onto Plymouth International Business Park and then left into the hotel. From Tavistock take the A386 towards Plymouth City Centre. After Derriford roundabout turn left at the second set of traffic lights into Plymouth International Business Centre, then left into the hotel.

By Rail:

Plymouth is on the Glasgow and London to Penzance mainlines. Plymouth Railway Station is approximately a 10 minute taxi ride to the hotel.

By Air:

Plymouth City Airport is approximately a five minute taxi ride to the hotel.

Top of page

Future Inn Plymouth, Plymouth Local Attractions

Plymouth Argile (3Km) : Football stadium

Plymouth Albion (7Km) : Rugby

Plymouth Pavillions (8Km) : In door swimming pool, concert hall.

Eden Project (65Km) : Flower displays

Top of page

The Innkeepers lodge is the cheaper so I'll probably go for that one.

Thanks again sonkie! xx

I recently completed a PGCE and when I was preparing for interviews I found the TES website noticeboards invaluable for info/feedback/ideas.

If you don't have any information about what is going to happen on the day you should speak to the college and find out what they are going to ask you to do at the interview. Some ask you to present on an education-based topic - you need to be ready!

Good luck!
The Minx

sorry to keep bugging you sonkie, but you're the fountain of all knowledge!!

If I were to get the 6.30am:eek: flight back to manchester, any idea what time I'd have to be at the airport?

I'm wondering, if it was like 4.30, I could just set up camp in the airport and not have to pay for the hotel for another night lol

Back