Hi all,

Taff664

I have just joined this site. I have used it previously to get ideas for recipes etc.

I have had weight issues all my adult life and over the past few years have been in denial. I had not weighed myself for several years and in spite of reaching a 5xl clothing size I kidded myself that I did not have a problem.

This July, a good friend asked me out for what I thought was a meal but instead she took me to a Slimming World group. When I weighed in I received a dreadful shock. I weighed 25st 8 lbs! I thought that I was around 19st. What a reality check.

Since then I have tried really hard to follow SW diet rules and it is paying off. To date I have lost 4st 3.5lbs, I have been Slimmer of the Week 6 times, Slimmer of the Month 2 times and I was voted Mr Sleek by my fellow group members. I suffer from arthritis in my knees and ankles and although I am still in a lot of pain, recently I have moved from using 2 walking sticks to one. When I have attained my target weight I am hoping that I will be eligible for knee replacement surgery.

I have a long way to go and I am sure there will be many bumps in the road. I find the support of my SW group to be invaluable, at group meetings and online. I hop I can get further inspiration from this group.

I am so glad that you have found this little community and have shared your story.

You are an inspiration, and I wish you all the best on your journey.

You will find a wealth of knowledge and help here x

Welcome along Taff. Hope you have found the Slimming World section, and finding it useful. It is a long journey, but a worthwhile one, and we still get to eat some lovely food and don't have to go hungry along the way. Wishing you many more losses, and awards, Claire x

Back