O/T Big calfs - Where do you find boots to fit?

couteaux

Silver Member
Hi :)

I've gone down 2 dress sizes, & am now a 16 but my legs don't seem to be catching up! I'd love some knee high boots but had a depressing boot shopping experience at the weekend, none would do up! I ordered some from evans but they were too big.

Does anyone here have any recommendations re places to try?

Thanks all! :D

Ive either gone to Evans or ebay. I did get some stretchy ones from tesco once and they were great!

newlook, now do boots for wider calfs, and also shoezone, i got some last yr and they are back in this yr, hope this is a help, and you have those shops near you x

Oh god I remember suffering this! I used to tuck the skin in "normal width boots" and it killed!! You have my sympathy hun.

The best knee high boots I ever found were from Clarks. They do a wide calf fitting. I was overjoyed when I discovered this!! Also Next do a wide fitting too in some ranges but you'll need to ask the shop assistant in both shops or look on line as they don't widely advertise it. The other option is some fabric pull on ones, I had some suede type pull on boots from Tesco which were a good alternative.

Keep plodding on with it though, before long you'll be able to go anywhere and zip those boots up no problem!

Have you tried 'The Shoe Tailor' - they do a huge range of boots in different width sizes, and they are quite reasonably priced too.

Thanks for all the fab suggestions! I hadn't even thought of some of them so will definitely be checking online :D

Jaylou - I can't wait for the moment I can try any of and have them fit! I went to Clarks and saw their adjustable calf width and even they wouldn't do up *sob*. The search continues ;)

I am soooo glad that someone posted this thread! I can never find any boots to fit my calves! My problem isnt so much the fat, its muscle from dancing!!

hi ther i had same problem, and i have just solved it , beautiful boots from "simply be" you can access them online

Thanks for all the fab suggestions! I hadn't even thought of some of them so will definitely be checking online :D

Jaylou - I can't wait for the moment I can try any of and have them fit! I went to Clarks and saw their adjustable calf width and even they wouldn't do up *sob*. The search continues ;)

I did the same in Clarks on Friday...just makes me feel bad! Let us know if you find any as it sounds like your calfs and mine cause the same suffering!

I have the same problem. Ive bought boots before in Barratts, I know some branches have closed up. Also Shoezone are quite good.

In the little Stead and Simpson in town, I saw 2 that I could fit into at the weekend :D

One pair was the stretchy ones but the others had a buckle at the top that you could loosen and looked really nice.

It's a first for me, having big ankles and calfs I can never find boots to fit. Going to buy them this week :D

:rotflmao:

Hahaha - love it! ;) (mine are still bigger...) Must change OP to 'calves' ooops! :D

hi ive just orderd some from littlewoods catalouge, i also get mine from new look who do a lot of wider fit .you can also find them on ebay xxx hope this helps

Back