O/T Does anyone do scrapbooking?

HellieCopter

Gold Member
I have an album to put together for a friend and I'm just getting stuff together for it.

I am crafty in other ways, but this is my first scrapbook! I make cards and stuff, so I have a lot of different kit already.

Can anyone recommend some good websites for ideas/shopping/lower prices than Hobbycraft!

I bought loads of stuff with the intention of putting some scrapbooks together for each of my son's years. He just turned 3 a few days ago. But they are still sitting on my desk untouched lol. I just dont find the spare time to do them.

I also do painting and drawing, my degree was in fine art and that has kind of been neglected a lot too. I suppose it is all to be expected with a young child about the house though. Hopefully I can start doing it all again when he is older.

Have you tried QVC or Dawn Bibby'sQVC's resident craft expert's own site (www.topazcrafts.co.uk)

If you want help with scrapbooking have a look at QVC on tv and Dawn's website.

I have even got some scrapbooking / cardmaking embellishments from the pound shops

I make cards and have every intention of scrapbooking, I love the thought of it but never have the time.

www.docrafts.co.uk is really good for ideas, they do a magazine too called creativity life which is a couple of pound and that gives lovely ideas.

I've bought my daughter a small one for her holiday pics but she hasn't started it yet!

there are some sites where you can print off papers for free but I can't remember them, papercraft inspirations rings a bell from a magazine I used to get.

Jay xx

My mum uses Calico Crafts and also attends a lot of creative memories parties. I think there's a lot of websites doing scrap booking materials.

What area in Manchester are you?
I go to The Stamp Pad in greenfield (oldham ish) which is good. Theres also Dawn Bibby as mentioned who is at Oswaldtwistle near Darwin although shes not at the mills now and has her own design studio and shop nearby.
Theres Rosemary Merry's shop in cheshire ( Lady Heyes in frodsham)
Thats about all I can think of at the moment lol
I agree docrafts website is good and so it the trimcraft one
I hope that helps

Back