O/T Does anyone do scrapbooking?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by HellieCopter, 8 September 2009 Social URL.

1. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have an album to put together for a friend and I'm just getting stuff together for it.

I am crafty in other ways, but this is my first scrapbook! I make cards and stuff, so I have a lot of different kit already.

Can anyone recommend some good websites for ideas/shopping/lower prices than Hobbycraft!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I bought loads of stuff with the intention of putting some scrapbooks together for each of my son's years. He just turned 3 a few days ago. But they are still sitting on my desk untouched lol. I just dont find the spare time to do them.

I also do painting and drawing, my degree was in fine art and that has kind of been neglected a lot too. I suppose it is all to be expected with a young child about the house though. Hopefully I can start doing it all again when he is older.

4. Lynne2809

Lynne2809 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Have you tried QVC or Dawn Bibby'sQVC's resident craft expert's own site (www.topazcrafts.co.uk)

If you want help with scrapbooking have a look at QVC on tv and Dawn's website.

I have even got some scrapbooking / cardmaking embellishments from the pound shops

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I make cards and have every intention of scrapbooking, I love the thought of it but never have the time.

www.docrafts.co.uk is really good for ideas, they do a magazine too called creativity life which is a couple of pound and that gives lovely ideas.

I've bought my daughter a small one for her holiday pics but she hasn't started it yet!

there are some sites where you can print off papers for free but I can't remember them, papercraft inspirations rings a bell from a magazine I used to get.

Jay xx

6. trinity_bleu

trinity_bleu Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(6.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My mum uses Calico Crafts and also attends a lot of creative memories parties. I think there's a lot of websites doing scrap booking materials.

7. Tab

Tab Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.61%)
    What area in Manchester are you?
    I go to The Stamp Pad in greenfield (oldham ish) which is good. Theres also Dawn Bibby as mentioned who is at Oswaldtwistle near Darwin although shes not at the mills now and has her own design studio and shop nearby.
    Theres Rosemary Merry's shop in cheshire ( Lady Heyes in frodsham)
    Thats about all I can think of at the moment lol
    I agree docrafts website is good and so it the trimcraft one
    I hope that helps

8. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

the works is excellent for cheap art materials for scrap books

9. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Brilliant! Thanks all :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.