O/T - Dress for wedding

Irene

Silver Member
Hi
Asked your advice a while ago about a dress for a wedding and everyone was so helpful.
Well this week I have been to Liverpool 1 and Chester shopping. Eventually bought 2 - as I have 2 weddings this year that is okay!!!!:D
I got a lovely 'animal print' dress - only problem I need it altering at the top - my weight has been lost from that area and not the bottom half as I wanted!!! Now I could wear that for the August wedding - as I may have lost a bit more weight by then and gives me time to get it altered.
The wedding in 3 weeks is my priority and I bought a maxi black/white dress in Chester - it fits much better however it has been suggested that I wear flat 'dressy' silver flip flops and to be honest I wouldn't have considered these for a wedding? Just after your thoughts/ideas - I am always conservative when it comes to clothes - however now that I have lost weight I am feeling more confident.
The wedding ceremony is in an Inn and
we are there from 5pm.
Thanks Irene

Hi Irene, I know how you feel i have also 2 weddings to attend this year one in June and i am just at the start of doing SW. I am going to go for a long maxi dress to but i will be wearing flip flops or very low shoes like them with a back on them as i have problems with my back and cannot wear heels.. there are so many nice flip flops coming out now i am sure you will look and feel fantatstic on the day

Gems xx

Hi Gems
Thanks for your reply.
Think I will go with the dressy flip flops - can have a look around the shops this week while I am off.
The August wedding will be more dressy so have plenty of time to sort out a dress if I don't wear my original choice - all depends on my weight loss?
Realised that I 'lack confidence' when it comes to clothes - always wear the same sort of things when I go out - trusted black trousers and dressy top.
Thanks again.
Irene

hey hun, i am the same everything i wear when i go out is black.. i brought a pink top and wore that out last night and everyone was saying ahh it looks lovely.. I havent even started on the wedding plans as yet. got some weight to kick yet! but i have brough a pedal bike instead so fingers crossed lol.. i will be looking at some nice dresses soon.. xx

Hi Gems
We sound very similar.:)
I have known for a long time that my wardrobe has looked very boring!!!! Time for a change.;)
Will let you know how I get on (off to shops now and while I am there I will look for some dressy flip flops).
Good luck with the weight loss/cycling. I prefer outdoor exercise like walking and cycling to the gym - cheaper also.
Thats is another thing I realised the other day while trying stuff on - need to tone up 'certain' areas!!!!! It never stops does it?
Speak soon.
Irene

I would wear the flip flops if it were me... although I am a sucker for heels!!! You're likely to spend a bit of time standing I imagine.

New look have some lovely ones, and they do the wide fit too, which are great.
I also noticed a really pretty pair in Evans the other day I think.

I'm a bit of a shoes and handbags girl! lol.

Emma xXx

Hi Emma
I did pop into New Look in Liverpool to look at a few things but at the time I was not looking for flat dressy flip fops so this week I will call into the local New Look and have a browse.
I have tried on the black/off white maxi dress several time today and I am definately going with it. Love looking at accessories so something else to do this week
Thanks
Irene

Back