Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

O/T - Dress for wedding

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Irene, 11 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    Asked your advice a while ago about a dress for a wedding and everyone was so helpful.
    Well this week I have been to Liverpool 1 and Chester shopping. Eventually bought 2 - as I have 2 weddings this year that is okay!!!!:D
    I got a lovely 'animal print' dress - only problem I need it altering at the top - my weight has been lost from that area and not the bottom half as I wanted!!! Now I could wear that for the August wedding - as I may have lost a bit more weight by then and gives me time to get it altered.
    The wedding in 3 weeks is my priority and I bought a maxi black/white dress in Chester - it fits much better however it has been suggested that I wear flat 'dressy' silver flip flops and to be honest I wouldn't have considered these for a wedding? Just after your thoughts/ideas - I am always conservative when it comes to clothes - however now that I have lost weight I am feeling more confident.
    The wedding ceremony is in an Inn and
    we are there from 5pm.
    Thanks Irene

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Gemsy

Gemsy Member

Hi Irene, I know how you feel i have also 2 weddings to attend this year one in June and i am just at the start of doing SW. I am going to go for a long maxi dress to but i will be wearing flip flops or very low shoes like them with a back on them as i have problems with my back and cannot wear heels.. there are so many nice flip flops coming out now i am sure you will look and feel fantatstic on the day

Gems xx

4. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Gems
    Thanks for your reply.
    Think I will go with the dressy flip flops - can have a look around the shops this week while I am off.
    The August wedding will be more dressy so have plenty of time to sort out a dress if I don't wear my original choice - all depends on my weight loss?
    Realised that I 'lack confidence' when it comes to clothes - always wear the same sort of things when I go out - trusted black trousers and dressy top.
    Thanks again.
    Irene

5. Gemsy

Gemsy Member

hey hun, i am the same everything i wear when i go out is black.. i brought a pink top and wore that out last night and everyone was saying ahh it looks lovely.. I havent even started on the wedding plans as yet. got some weight to kick yet! but i have brough a pedal bike instead so fingers crossed lol.. i will be looking at some nice dresses soon.. xx

6. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Gems
    We sound very similar.:)
    I have known for a long time that my wardrobe has looked very boring!!!! Time for a change.;)
    Will let you know how I get on (off to shops now and while I am there I will look for some dressy flip flops).
    Good luck with the weight loss/cycling. I prefer outdoor exercise like walking and cycling to the gym - cheaper also.
    Thats is another thing I realised the other day while trying stuff on - need to tone up 'certain' areas!!!!! It never stops does it?
    Speak soon.
    Irene

7. Emz118

Emz118 Desperate to be slim!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would wear the flip flops if it were me... although I am a sucker for heels!!! You're likely to spend a bit of time standing I imagine.

New look have some lovely ones, and they do the wide fit too, which are great.
    I also noticed a really pretty pair in Evans the other day I think.

I'm a bit of a shoes and handbags girl! lol.

Emma xXx

8. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Emma
    I did pop into New Look in Liverpool to look at a few things but at the time I was not looking for flat dressy flip fops so this week I will call into the local New Look and have a browse.
    I have tried on the black/off white maxi dress several time today and I am definately going with it. Love looking at accessories so something else to do this week
    Thanks
    Irene

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.