O/T... Eastleigh??

Julianne_julz

Bears dont dig on dancin'
My OH's work is based in Eastleigh, and we live 40min drive away. We are thinking of moving to E'leigh, but want to know what it's like to live there...?

We've seen some lovely houses about 0.5miles behind the shopping centre.

Is there much around for me and my LO, toddler groups? Nursery? Etc?

It's a big move as all our family live here (Havant) Any advice/comments welcome!!!

I dont live in Eastleigh..live a little further past Winchester, but I would recommend that you have a look around the area. Get some houses from Estate agents and do some investigation work. Go around the areas in the evenings if you can and the weekends to see how busy, quiet or if the area isnt suitable. Also have a look to see what council covers the area (Eastleigh Borough Council) and have a look at the schools section to get an idea of Ofsted results etc.

There are some nice areas and some not so nice ones like any towns Hun.

Thanks for the reply. The area we live in is meant to be not so nice, but we live in a close where we are one of only two rented houses in the whole close, (rest are owned) and it's SO quiet here! Nothing ever happens, people go to work, come back, nice and happy lol. The houses I've seen online look very well looked after so fingers crossed same goes for the area. I think we'll just go for a look round a few houses. Hopefully the estate agents will know the area properly (as some of them don't have a clue!) and will be able to answer my Q's on local services like playgroups etc. Thanks for your reply!!

x

No worries Hun...we moved just over a year ago and the area that we chose, always sounded rough....the houses were rented and some of the tennants werent desirable etc (not that there is anything wrong with renting!)...Thankfully we have a friend in the Police force that gave us the crime statistics, we also had a good look around the area, checked out the schools etc and love the house we're in. The area is so quiet its bliss!

Personally I would avoid Eastleigh like the plague! Its a horrible place (sorry if anyone lives there!) I work in Eastleigh and Chandlers Ford and yes there are some ok bit of Eastleigh but still isn't somewhere I would choose to live if I had a choice....Chandlers Ford is much better (Knightwood park etc) and is only 5 mins drive away....I've lived in Southampton for 36 years....I live in Hedge End (15 mins drive to Eastleigh). You'll get bad bits no matter where you go but Eastleigh is just a no go for me personally.

H x

I don't think it can be any worse than Portsmouth lol (I think I can get away with saying that living there!)!! We are going to have a drive around next week, have a house viewing lined up. Also going to look on netmums.com to see about toddler/kids groups etc etc. Thanks for all the replies. Xx

Back