O/T Every mothers nightmare has just happened

i agree it sounds like she has thought about it and been sensible. Trust me i know a few people that have gotten pregnant at 16. as for future partners, it would be nice to save it for then but at her age she probably feels he is her life partner. I have gone through this myself and never told my mother. She made it easy to talk about and now i feel i could talk to her. Whatever happens all you can do is let her know the facts and let her make her own decisions and that you are there for her. Good luck :]

Hi Carolyn,
I agree with the others, you have a sensible girl there. She is old enough to have sex, she and her boyfriend have waited until she is old enough and she has thought about contraception, although I do agree that condoms should also be used.
Don't be too hard on her, there are not many people who wait for that special someone these days, she probably thinks he is someone special. It's wonderful that he has waited though, if he only wanted one thing he'd have been long gone. I'd take comfort in that small thing.

My DD is 11, I've got all this to come. I hope you and your daughter keep talking and that things sort themselves out, it's awful watching them grow up so quickly.

Hugs to you. xxx

Back