Back AGAIN.....

Curly.Locks

Good morning!

I've woken up this morning intent on getting back on it after having well and truly fallen off the wagon!

I was just checking my stats and have probably put on at least two stones since the last time that I was here, but I just can't let this carry on and have to do something about it.

I have to really keep focussed on what my motivations are. For me, these include:

1) Wanting to be more active and have more energy than my mum and her friends (over 60's, more than twice my age!)

2) Not getting out of breath just by doing a bit of walking (I'm literally talking a few steps here!)

3) Trying to alleviate the problems I have with my foot due to my weight (let's not forget the swollen ankles here just from standing for a couple of minutes. I kid you not!)

4) Being able to buy clothes that fit and it not being such a hassle. And yes, even though I am a bit of a tomboy, I admit (very reluctantly!) that I would like to be able to dress nicely and show off this fabulous figure my mother has given me. Currently, mother has a better figure than me despite being in her 60's. She is seriously fit and health orientated and I am really proud of her. I wish I could have her enthusiasm and keep up with her, but currently I cant! :-( (Sorry, slightly off topic there!)

5) Perhaps the feminist in me is going to hate this, but yes, finding a boyfriend is a consideration for me. I can't remember the last time anyone was interested in me (well, I can, but it was a VERY long time ago - and I can't produce those much wanted babies all by myself!)

6) Last but not least (this in many ways is the most important for me), I want to have a long, happy and healthy life. I want to have a decent quality of life and a very good level of fitness as I get older. And between now no then, I want to have the energy and the enthusiasm to do more things in life, achieve my goals and fit in all the things that I want to do (although, at the moment, I'm not entirely sure what these are!)

There's lots more reasons to lose weight but anytime in the coming months, if I feel demotivated, I just want to remember that I am worth it, I can do it and I will. My health and my well being is the most important investment that I can make. There have been too many excuses for too long, and for too long, I've thought I'm not worth the time, effor and energy. I need to keep focussed and motivated and give myself what I give to others. Even if I gave 50% to myself of what I give to others, I could achieve absolutey anything. Nothing is impossible.

That's my long note to myself over and done with. Now, I am off to class!

Goodbye folks, and wish me luck on those dreaded scales!

Xx

Back