O/T - flu and pneumonia jabs

Russiandoll

Carpe diem
As I'm diabetic, my doc gave me a flu and pneumonia jab yesterday (bit late but my fault - I hate fuss).

Anyway, today my arm is in agony with a large bright red swollen patch. I'm assuming this is a normal reaction but boy it hurts!
I also feel sick and 'heady' - again I think this is a normal reaction but as I also started taking Reductil this morning, I suppose it could be a combination.

On the upside ... don't feel like eating! :sign0137:

Sounds bloody horrible RD :(

I was told that when you get the flu jab it "gives you a mild flu" as the injection contains the surface antigens of several flu strains. Hopefully though it'll clear up soon for you honey, don't want your new grandson to catch it ;)

Reductil - tell moi more!

Thinking of you hun, get well soon xx

As I'm diabetic, my doc gave me a flu and pneumonia jab yesterday (bit late but my fault - I hate fuss).

Anyway, today my arm is in agony with a large bright red swollen patch. I'm assuming this is a normal reaction but boy it hurts!
I also feel sick and 'heady' - again I think this is a normal reaction but as I also started taking Reductil this morning, I suppose it could be a combination.

On the upside ... don't feel like eating! :sign0137:
Hi RD,

The same happenes to me every time I have flu jab. I had mine October along with pneumonia jab. One year I missed my jab appointment and by January Dr said not to bother. Did get the flu that year, the only time in many many years.

I became ill after my last jab but it was put down to an infection in the site if the injection. I'd never had a problem with the jab before.

Are you SSing?

You shouldnt get "mild flu" if you have the vac I dont think it is a live vaccine. You can get swelling and redness though....it can depend how it was given!!!! Usually the vaccine is made up of a few strains that the medics think are the most likely to hit the community but there are MANY MANY MANY strains so it can be a bit hit and miss.............i think!! LOl

No - I'm not SSing Sim.

I was given the flu and pneumonia jab in one injection on the BACK of my upper arm (half way between shoulder and elbow but round the back IYKWIM). The injection site is hot, red and a bit swollen but I think that's to be expected knowing how the thing works.

I didn't think about my grandson - they're coming to visit for a few days tomorrow ... is there any risk to him? He's not quite 2 weeks old.

Back