O/T HELP!!!!

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm applying for a grad scheme and they've got 3 STUPID questions that I have to answer, 2 I've done ok, but one I just can't do at all! Any advice?

The environment at Centrica is evolving and the ability to Adapt to Change is crucial. You will need to support change initiatives, understand the impact of change on people and on processes. Describe for us a time of complex change when you were expected to take on new tasks and responsibilities. (Maximum 150 words) Situation and Task - How did this change come about? Why was this change necessary?

Actions - How did you adapt to your new responsibilities? (Maximum 150 words)

Result - What would you do differently next time? (Maximum 150 words)

Only thing I can think of was when I was suddenly made Health & Safety officer at work with no previous experience. Though, I didn't stay working for this company for long. I got 'fired' but for no real reason, they fired me immediately, which they weren't allowed to do. So I took them to the Employment Tribunal and won wages in lieu of notice. I didn't want to work for them anymore anyway otherwise I could have asked for my job back. But basically the director stopped paying everyone, me, the other guy, and the marketing director, and also suppliers. So that's why I was fired, he couldn't afford to keep me, I think so anyway. So I'm not sure if I should really mention them, but I can't think of an example at all!

Argh, I've also got to write up to 150 words about what is the most interesting thing about me! I don't f***ing know!!!

Tell us about the additional activities you are or have recently been involved in including leadership positions. This may be voluntary work, sports or extensive travel. (300 words)*

Oh god I might just give up now!

Going onto the first one - I would talk about the cambridge diet maybe? That became a big change and influence on your life. You could talk about why it was necessary to go to such lengths etc? Although I realise this may be "too close to home". But I think you could really work wonders with this. Look back at the questions you have and answer them as though you were doing cd - you may find that the words come tumbling out. Hugs x x x

You are stronger than me! I would be going all out and having what I wanted and dealing with the consequences the day after :D

Tell us about the additional activities you are or have recently been involved in including leadership positions. This may be voluntary work, sports or extensive travel. (300 words)*

Oh god I might just give up now!

You could link this in with cd - haven't you got a friend who is training you with exercise, and you have done gym sessions. Couldn't you link this to the weightloss? I guess it's not a job though is it. I think you have no choice but to talk about your place of work that you were fired unfairly. You don't need to go into these details though hun. The uni are not going to phone up and ask your ex-employer anything. I would take about your responsibilities you undertook within this short period.

Back