O/T - Michael Jackson Memorial

GymClassHero

Silver Member
OMG! I hope some of you tuned in to see this, it was very touching.

Im not one for emotion but i had a tear in my eye :cry:

If you missed it try and catch a repeat (if there is one) but be warned there wont be a dry eye in the house.

I didn't watch it I'm afraid, I get very emotional at these sort of things, I have seen the pictures online though, and it did look very sad.

I was surprised because I hadn't realised his children were that old, I still imagine them as toddlers, maybe it's because we never really saw a lot of them.

His daughter Paris is very brave bless her, i have so much respect for his family and friends for holding it together throughout the show.

That MJ thing was amazing, especially when his little girl, Paris, made her "television debut", I actually cried. I nearly cried when Brooke was up there too. Dude from Britains got Talent was brilliant - a lot of pressure for a little 12yr old lad, but the boy done good!

I really thought they would show footage from the rehersals ya know.

Omg from when they brought coffin out that was it i was :cry::cry:, then i calmed down and had tears when ppl were talking and when usher was touched at the end of his song then his family had words and i was :cry::cry: again specially when paris did her little bit bless her

:wave_cry:RIP mj xxxx

I cried my eyes out, so touched by the whole thing. everyone did so well and paid tribute in a memorable way. Paris did amazingly and I can only hope the family have some peace from now on.

Squiddie, I think the company that did the concert thing will release a DVD of the rehearsals, they keep going on about 'making some money back'...

RIP MJ. xxx

Did you see when that precher dude was on, shouting and ranting, I thought he was fabulous! But that government woman...it was like an election speech, made some good points, but it was like shut up and sit down - we get it!

I watched some of it (missed start cause was at SW) and it was moving. I cried and think it finally sank in he's died.

I loved MJ as a child and though there were aspects to him I will never understand (I'll admit his shine dimmed during the two court cases), he was a music legend.

His daughter was amazing and Brooke Shields' speech made me bawl.

x

It was when Paris spoke that got me .. and i've probably seen that part at least 6 times since and i've blubbed everytime!!!

I was sat watching it with my dad, has to go watch it on my own in the front room as i got choaked up, and then cryed all they way thru, esp when his brother sung 'smile' and when little Paris spoke about her father - It was very emotional - x

I didn't watch it all. I was a bit torn between wanting to see it and the general over-hype type thingy, you know? So I watched snippets. I had to turn over when Jermain started singing - that's when I felt myself go all wobbly! Mind you, I cry at anything me!

i sky+ it from channel 5. and it must have gone over the time slot as it finished with the lady from congress. cant seem to see it as a repeat yet. but my sister in law informs me that you can press the red button on your tv to get it.

what i dont understand is when he was alive he did everything in his power to keep them children out of the spotlight making them wear masks and veils etc to protect them from the public and his family then go and put them on show in front of billions of people

what i dont understand is when he was alive he did everything in his power to keep them children out of the spotlight making them wear masks and veils etc to protect them from the public and his family then go and put them on show in front of billions of people

I totally agree - and we were talking about that at work today. He might not have been too happy with that.

But, given how poised and mature they all seemed, it's clear they've had a good life so far.

And perhaps they were happy to stand up and say their goodbye - they might not have wanted to be so sheltered?

Either way, they are a credit to him - and Paris is a stunning young girl.

Back