O/T York Hotels

abz

Gold Member
i am getting really frustrated. i'm trying to find somewhere for me and thomas to stay after our wedding and most of the nice hotels in york seem to have a two night minimum stay policy if you are staying on a saturday. so the question is this... first of all can anyone recommend any gorgeous hotels in york. and second, can i really justify £500 on one weekend in york before our actual honeymoon...

abz xx

we stayed at the premier inn in york and to be honest that was lovely maybe not as up market as you want ???

i want extravagance and don't mind paying for it. i just don't want to pay for it for two nights for the sake of it!! if the place was amazing i don't know. i would have to think on it. OH's family would still be here from denmark so we could hang around to spend another day with them...

hiya
My mum in law stayed at a lush hotel in york, I'll ask her later what it was called.
If you ask to speak to a manager, explain the situation tell them you just need one night to start off your honeymoon.... etc etc etc, lay it on..... you never know....

what about staying in ripon. it's only a few mins away from york. there's the ripon spa hotel!

went to uni in ripon then they moved us to york! you could always try the out skirts of york too! some of the outlying towns are lovely. if you want pamper you're gonna have to pay though. they say that york is the next most expensive place to live/stay next to LONDON! ow!:brainfart:

Ooh, i stayed at the Knavesmire. We didnt have much money so York for a few days was our honeymoon. It was 17 (is it really that long!) years ago but it was a lovely hotel and overlooks the race course.
I've been to York a few times as its so lovely.

Back