Oat so simple

There are no syn free cereals or porridge. Unflavoured porridge (35g) can be used as a healthy extra B option but flavoured ones would need to be synned sorry. You can work out the syns using 1 syn for every 20 calories or there is a search tool on here (button that says 'search forum' at the top right of the sticky section above) so you could look for previous posts about them :)

Dorset cereals do 2 flavoured porridges that are a B choice. Cranberry and raspberry, apple and raisin. The only supermarket I have found them in is asda. Hope this helps :)

blonde8 said:
These flavours sound yum. Are they syns aswell or just b choice xx

If you use as B choice they have no syns. The apple and raisin one is meant to have 1 ryvita wholegrain cracker bread with it as well. I guess if you don't use it as a B choice then it would be synned under the 1 syn = 20 calories rule

PatchworkPuss said:
There are no syn free cereals or porridge. Unflavoured porridge (35g) can be used as a healthy extra B option but flavoured ones would need to be synned sorry. You can work out the syns using 1 syn for every 20 calories or there is a search tool on here (button that says 'search forum' at the top right of the sticky section above) so you could look for previous posts about them :)

Yes sorry I meant b choice, thanks for your help

breeza said:
Dorset cereals do 2 flavoured porridges that are a B choice. Cranberry and raspberry, apple and raisin. The only supermarket I have found them in is asda. Hope this helps :)

Defo going to get these! I'm fed up of weetabix and bran flakes lol thanks!!!

Sorry if this is a silly question but aren't oats a grain? Would they not have a free food allowance? Just wondering as I've been trying to figure out the syns for flahavans quick oats (they're noy on syns online and can't find them on here), so I did them up in the calculator and selected grains under the free food list. Would really appreciate if anyone could clarify this as I'm going away Thursday and was hoping to bring some of them with me. Thanks!:)

No afraid not, no free food on cereals. I think they are listed online as one of the thing that do not get a free food allowance - there is a link alongside the syn calculator :)

PatchworkPuss said:
No afraid not, no free food on cereals. I think they are listed online as one of the thing that do not get a free food allowance - there is a link alongside the syn calculator :)

Oh no, that's sooooooooooo disappointing. I figured since oats are a grain and are so healthy, they would get an allowance. That calculator catches me out every time! :( Thanks for your help though - always nicer to find out before you've eaten it than after! :)

Back