Oats so Simple Golden Syrup - help before supermarket!

slrayner

Hi everyone

I am off to the supermarket for my weekly shop in a mo. I wanted to have Oats so Simple porridge for my brekkie as a HEXB but I prefer the Golden Syrup as the plain gets a bit boring.

I have been looking and Golden Syrup is 6 and a half syns! The plain one is 5 syns. Would it be possible for me to count Golden Syrup one as a HEXB B plus one and a half syns?? If not guess I will have to get the plain :(

*bump* anyone?

Well that's what I do! It's not done me any harm and you can do it with choc weetabix so I don't think it's that much of a biggie!

You can only use the Original one for a HEXB I'm sorry! No ones body is the same and while it may not have much of an effect on one person it could really add up with someone else, think 6 syns extra 5 days a week over a year! Shocking!

Yep there is a load of sugar in the golden syrup one - and less porridge oats - so it is not a HEB

Better to use the plain one and add your own spoonful of syrup - fewer syns that way!

Plain Oat So Simple, skimmed milk, sweetener, sliced banana and strawberry jam. Always hits the spot for me, never boring! I wouldnt waste your syns or take the risk with the Golden Syrup one mate xx

Thank you so much for this thread...... I haven't checked and didn't know this was no longer a hexB (it use to be back in the day). Thank you xx

I have the plain one with sweetner and banana (and any other fruit that sounds nice on the day)and it tastes ok. I say this as someone who would only ever eat the golden syrup one pre sw. I hate porridge and think its tasteless, even the flavoured ons were eaten in desperation if there was nothing else. Since starting sw the plain stuff isnt too bad with some fruit.

Thanks so much for all the replies! Think I will try adding to fruit and may have to invest in some sweetner!

Back