Obese women 'need more sex advice than thin women', study says

Jim

Big Boy
The rate of unplanned pregnancies in single obese women is four times higher than in ‘normal-sized’ females, according to findings on the British Medical Journal website today.

Really?

LINK HERE

Oh I agree and what all this about?

Obese men aged under 30 were far more likely to have had a sexually transmitted infection

:rolleyes: first they keep ramming it down our throats that obese women will never get pregnant as weight severely impacts fertility, now they're x4 times more likely to have an unplanned pregnancy even though they're 30% less likely to have had a sexual partner in the past yr (than their slim counterparts)

I have to laugh or I'd cry!:8855:

Makes you wonder where they get their research subjects from. I wonder if any of us larger people on minis have been 'researched'. I know I havent

By the way by saying this am not implying we have got std's, have no sex or have had unplanned pregnancies ;)

By the way by saying this am not implying we have got std's, have no sex or have had unplanned pregnancies

First they say overweight men will have less sex and then go on to say they will have more STD's? some research that.

Statistics can be made to suggest anything, depending on the motives of the researchers!

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if people who are overweight have higher sex drives. Appetite for food and appetite for sex are both expressions of the libido. :)

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if people who are overweight have higher sex drives. Appetite for food and appetite for sex are both expressions of the libido.

ah, that's why I eat so much then Elizabeth, now I have a good excuse. ;)

First they say overweight men will have less sex and then go on to say they will have more STD's? some research that.

Maybe they're having less sex with the wrong people -being grateful for what they can get and all that ;) You do have to laugh at the folly of it all

While a part of me thinks that statistics are just nonsense, there is a fair chance that there is a ring of truth to this. If you are seriously overweight, then theres a fair chance your self-esteem is running pretty low. And a higher chance that if you get lucky, you may not have the confidence to insist on contraception. For many people, obese or not, sex equates with love, or being wanted and desired. Well, for most people, I would think. So those who think themselves unlovable, and who dont love themselves so much, probably find after slapping on the beer goggles, that they have a false sense of self confidence which propels them into doing risky things.

Obese women are less likely to use oral contraceptive. Possibly because of how much narrower the choices get when your obese. After having my son, despite having spent most of my adult life on the combined pill, I was told that the weight I was at put me at too high risk to go back on it. I was prescribed the mini-pill which was horrendous and left me doubled in agony for at least a week every month. Finally, due to problems with my cycle, I was put back on the combined pill by the gynacologist at the hospital. Had it not been for this I doubt I would have gone back to oral contraception. I know there are other forms but to be honest when you're married or in a commited relationship and don't need to worry about STD's, then it really is the easiest option.

Would it be really bitter and unfair of me to suggest that maybe no-one want's to bone the skinny mares??

Hmm how many people where studied? 10? 1000? pffffft!!

While a part of me thinks that statistics are just nonsense, there is a fair chance that there is a ring of truth to this. If you are seriously overweight, then theres a fair chance your self-esteem is running pretty low. And a higher chance that if you get lucky, you may not have the confidence to insist on contraception. For many people, obese or not, sex equates with love, or being wanted and desired. Well, for most people, I would think. So those who think themselves unlovable, and who dont love themselves so much, probably find after slapping on the beer goggles, that they have a false sense of self confidence which propels them into doing risky things.

Controversial, but pretty true I reckon. Good post.

I have no problem with that. ;)

Just goes to show you can prove anything with statistics.

cheeky baskets aren't they eh? x

Back