Obsessed with measuring!

boggins

Silver Member
Hello all! I'd like some advice/comments/experiences on preventing obsession with results.

I deliberately don't own scales, because I'd be on 'em every day, so I'll be visiting the nurse every month for a weigh-in. Up until a few days ago I was measuring myself multiple times a day with a tape measure, until I ordered my boyfriend to hide it from me! Now I root through my clothes looking for things to try on to see how they fit.

As long as I'm obsessing every day about inches and pounds I know I'm not approaching this with the proper mindset of a long term change, and that bothers me.

Anyone else out there battling with over-measuring? Or got any tips for handling the obsessive thoughts when they arise? Does it get better as you go along?

Thanks!

Hi Boggins, Im afraid i cant help you much as ive only just started working on the "new me".

but my scales have already been hidden from me, only brought them on Monday (the old ones would tell me to "get off fatty") so they have been hidden from me and are only to return on weigh in day!

it really is so tempting to check on a daily basis, i guess when you feel like you want to measure your self go do something else anything to take your mind off measuring/trying on clothes

Back