Odd period during CD?

Pichi

I´ve been on CD for... an amount of weeks.
Anyway, last week I had my first period in one year. Which of course I'm happy about(Never asked a doctor about that).
BUT, this period is going on and off.
Yesterday morning I thought it was over, yesterday evening I started bleeding again.
This morning I thought it was over, now I started bleeding again.

Is this a known side effect? :confused: It´s pretty annoying.
Called my CDC but she didn't know of anyone who had experienced this.

EDIT: I used to have it for 5 days but this is my 8th day.

Funny you should say that. I've got TOTM (from this morning) but don't normally have one because I have a coil which stopped them months ago. I didn't really think anything of it until I read your post.

My periods are normally 2-3 days from start to finish, but my first one on this 6 weeks into CD was 4 days :( not used to long periods! would normally only use tiny amount of tampons and now this time more (sorry tmi)

Must be CD

I don't think it's the diet as much as your body is changing, a lot. If you've not had a period for a year that would indicate there is some issue there. And I would definitely see a doctor about it, it's not something that should happen and is a symptom of many different things. One of the side effects of being overweight is irregular or even stopped periods if you're overweight enough. So if you're losing weight, that may be why it's reappeared. Your BMI has dropped considerably, so I would definitely think that's why. Also, if it's your first period in a year, it's going to be a bit of an odd one really. I wouldn't worry too much at the moment. As your BMI is over 40 you should have had to get your doctors permission on your medical form anyway, so I assume they'll know about this diet. It might be worth going to see them and having a chat about things, explain that you haven't had a period for a year, that you've lost some weight, and explain this one. While I'm sure it's nothing, it's always good to keep your doctors in the loop!

Well I'm in a similar position(ish). I had a miscarriage and subsequent d&c 4 weeks ago and I still haven't stopped bleeding. I keep thinking that it's finishing, but then it starts up all over again.. full on TOTM type bleeding. I'm not sure if this is to do partly with CD or maybe something I should go to my Docs about?

That's true. Something must have been seriously wrong from the start since I didn't have it for so long.
I took pills for Hypothyroidism until a couple of weeks ago when the bloodtests were normal.
I just read that amenorreah could be caused by Hypothyroidism.
So the fact that I've got it back might have something with that to do as well as weightloss.
Anyway, I'm going to the doctor in two weeks. I suppose I can tell him about it then.

But it sure seems like CD has an effect on bleeding!

You don't stop taking the tablets. Once your blood tests are normal, you stay on that dosage. I'm sorry to tell you lovely, but thyroxin is for life generally. Maybe worth getting him to retest you. If your body isn't producing enough T4 naturally, you need the thyroxin. Your blood tests would have come back normal because of the thyroxin, rather than your body naturally producing the T4, if that makes sense!

As far as I know anyway! I have hypothyroidism and know I'll be on thyroxin for the rest of my life most likely. But there are a couple of different types, so I could be wrong! Speak to your doctor for sure.

Back