Odd Question.

Charisma

Silver Member
i was just wondering about teeth straightening?? has anyone ever had it done and how cheap can it be done?? as i want to look into getting it done

well ive looked around for prices etc and even normal braces was concidering gettin but there 3 grand at the least ive been told :cry::cry::cry:

There are new braces called Invisaline or something like that. I don't know how much they cost but they can't be seen which is better that the normal ones. I want mine straightened too

ive been researching and the least you can get them done for is between 3 and 4 thousand. mine arent to bad i just wanted them done sooner rather than later but think ill have to give it a miss with them prices untill i can save up

Hi there

I've recently looked into this too - went to see a private orthodontist. My bottom teeth are really crooked and I have problems with the gum on the front one which I thought having them straightened might help. There are a few options but they are all really expensive. Like you say - even the normal braces cost £2-3k ish, The orthodontist didn't rate the Invisalign system at all. You can also have a brace fixed to the back of your teeth - but they're goldplated!!!!! And so they cost a small fortune. Anyway - even if I spent the money and wore braces for 18 months they still couldn't guarantee the gum issue would resolve so decided against it anyway.

Wish I'd taken the opportunity to get the bottom ones fixed at school!!

Carol x

me too, my mum told me i would regret it back then and i really do. i think i was more worried about what people would say etc. i really thought the normal ones would be alot cheaper. i even asked on the nhs if you can get them but they said no, not for adults.:sigh:

Back