off topic.. (where did you get married)

autumnbabe

Gold Member
Hey girls.. just wondered where you all got married.. was it a big do.?? was it a small wedding.?? did you elope.??

love to hear your stories.!!

I get married in a small hotel, in the country, it was called the oaklands hotel in cheshire!! It was a red hot day too, so was great to be outside with only trees around you and no hustle and bustle of city hotels!! Only had a smallish wedding but it was lovely, would love to go back and do it all again!! My husbands family and friends came over from ireland too, only bad thing to report was, we had our kids in bridal suite the night of the wedding :( lol

I got married when I was 20 and hubbie was 19,we had a white church wedding and I'd say it was a medium size wedding. Looking back I wish we'd have waited as we were too young(still together tho..23 years this April)
The service was lovely as we married in the church I'd grown up in so it felt special.The reception was ruined by the venue being in a hotel run by numpties who couldnt run a bar let alone a wedding reception.There was no top table,flowers or tables for the guests just a buffet table.We had to take down the chairs and set the place up ourselves before the guests got there.All in all the reception was awful and I spent my wedding night in tears BUT as I've learnt over the years,the wedding really isnt as important as the years that follow.

My wedding was laughable . Firstly we only knew each other 3 months, then found out i was pregnant so decided to get married. Six weeks later,rings from a club book and wedding outfit, no dress for me :-( He borrowed a suit from a friend, lol it gets worse.....

He went to the reg office in our car. My parents,my sisters and myself caught a bus, signed on first and then walked to the reg office..... then we went to the pub and then back home to a hostel. That was my wedding day and at the time it was a good day. Needless to say it didn't last 8yrs later and two children it ended.Should add it was in the early '80's.

And now i daren't get married,lol xxx

im not married yet but getting married in july at gretna green, its just going to be a small wedding close family

I got married in Marylebone Registry Office in London. (I live just outside Glasgow, we eloped!). We had 2 witnesses, a pole dancer and a wannabee musician. We divorced 17 months later. (That was 4 years ago).
I'm now happily living together with my boyfriend, 9 years my junior, and about 6 stone lighter than me! Next time I get married, I'm doing it right, a big day, all the usual weddingy stuff!
Oh, and next time I WILL NOT be 18.5 stone! x

Back