Office food

Daisybank

Hmmmmmm!
Hi everyone

Just got in from another day at the fun factory (office) :sigh:

Have found it really difficult not to eat today. I have been surrounded by cakes and chocolates all day. It was yet another birthday, there seems to be one every day. :rolleyes: Not only is it a test of willpower, which I am not blessed with a lot of, but it seems that people are on a mission to get you to eat! "Just have one" and "a small one won't hurt" is all they can say. I think it would be easier to give in. Then of course there is the trip to the pub at lunchtime - another test! :break_diet:

Now at home and feeling very hungry and:mad:

You would think going to work would be a way to stay away from food! Does anyone else have this or is it just my office? I am going to struggle tonight - have chocolate on the brain now!!

Well done for getting though the day without eating. It is a real achievement. I went away on a training course last week and they served the best looking lunch each day. There was platters of lovely cakes which i could smell. It was torture, but i got through it luckily. Its just one of them things you just have to put up with :( My only advise is to glug water when ever you have a weak moment!!

All the time, it was my Birthday and I did not bring in cake, but was asked why I did not!! it's not as if they don't know!! chin up and dig deep

Sarah Lou

Ooh, I know the feeling. It seems to be someone's birthday every bloody day! And doesn't the pub food smell so nice when you are sat there with your water?! :eek: Since I am always the driver at lunch times (only one with a sensible car with enough seats and plenty of doors!) I decided we would change to a different pub because the food is horrible (so I don't feel tempted even a tiny bit!) and the soda water is much, much cheaper! ;)

My co-workers have been pretty considerate. Someone brought in stuff last week but didn't put it near us because she knew about our diet.

One useless article made a big deal about his having fish and chips for lunch, describing every bite in detail. Unfortunately for him, I hate battered fish, it makes me feel sick. Anyway, I told him I would be thinking of him clutching his chest and writhing in agony with indigestion (I was going to say heart attack until I remembered he'd had a stroke a while back) I'm too kind.

I know exactly what you mean, i'm a nurse so always some form of chocolate or sweets about!

Strange thing is i develop cast-iron (well up to now) willpower on this diet and manage to say no everytime (but i do develop a stare at the offending objects lol). People do the "one wont hurt, go on jus one" probably because they feel guilty that they're having on theirselves (unless they're skinny-high metabolism-can eat whatever they want kind of people).

Just keep plodding on, i tell myself that i'll feel even worse about cheating if i have one, than i do wanting one and not having it.

Snail. x

I must admit that is truggle at work, whilst everyone in the office are supportive(ish) (no one thinks I should be on it but they respect my decision) they don't wave food under my nose but they do eat a lot of home made chilli, curry, soup etc that smells fabulous and does make you feel hungry. Don't give in or all the hard work and not to mention money you have spent on lipotrim will have been for nothing. I know it is hard I told my boss to sod off the other day as he was going to do some work with me at my desk and he brought some ultra choc biscuits that he was munching over to my desk, he appologised when he realised but it doesn't help my will power.

I weighed myself this morning on my home scales and it appears I have lost another six pounds this week fingers crossed that is what the scales at the pharmacy said. Keep up the good work everyone. :D

Oh hell ya!!! And why do they get the reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaally nice cakes & choc now! Today I was popping listerine strips like nothing else cos the mintiness sorta puts me off eating:p

I'm lucky at home tho cos my boyf loves sausages and I don't like them at all so he's takin advantage of my diet and having them EVERYDAY!!!! Which means I don't wanna eat.

Stick with it tho... u're not hungry its all stupid mind tricks and once we conquer them maintance will be a hell of a lot easier:rolleyes:

Glad to see it is not just me!

Another b'day today...................................................................

and...........................................................................................

Krispy creme donuts -2 large boxes :( (anyone agree with me they are way overpriced?)

Managed to resist, just.

Hope there isn't another one tomorrow :)

I have a similar problem and I CAN eat what I want, in some ways people seem to find my refusals harder to accept. Theres been a never ending supply of cakes, pizza, chocolates etc which Ive resisted but keep getting told 'Oh you can just count the points' Yes I can, but why waste half a dozen points on chocolates when I could have a meal or a good snack.

One woman made some gorgeous looking cake at New Year and kept trying to get me to take some her reasoning being 'Oh youve done so well, and lost so much you can have some cake' :rolleyes:

Starlight I know what you mean - its seems worse if they have actually MADE the cakes. They seem to take it as a personal insult! :( Like some sort of rejection maybe.
I think when its my b'day I will take in some of the LT bars lol. That will probably make me sooooooo popular :)

I think when its my b'day I will take in some of the LT bars lol. That will probably make me sooooooo popular :)

:rotflmao::rotflmao:Go the whole way Daisy..... bring in an assortment of flap jacks!!!:rotflmao:

Then tell them the next time they offer you food u'll force feed them with it!!!:)

Starlight I know what you mean - its seems worse if they have actually MADE the cakes. They seem to take it as a personal insult! :( Like some sort of rejection maybe.

lol Excellent idea that... I think Ill buy WW cakes when its mine ;)

:giggle:

Yep I am taking the LT flapjacks for my colleagues, can you imagine that!! Its making me smile just thinking about it.

I could say "go on, one won't hurt" or "you deserve it" or "just a little one" or "I brought them in specially" etc. etc

I will think about this next time I am faced with another selection Mr Kipling would be proud of :)

Last edited:
Hahahahah xx

lol daisy, have to agree tho, why do they take it so personally? its not like ur going to ruin their day by not eating!!

You'd imagine, sensibly that a grown person wouldn't be that sensitive!!

Seriously do Daisy, put them in the microwave and say you baked them urself.... then see how many people will eat them and tell u they're lovely!!!! - cos they don't want to offend you!

Aaah people are funny :)

It was another B/day here today fortunately I didn't really notice the cake eating but could smell them

I can't do the flap jack trick as I have told everyone it is like eating carpet, so i dont think anyone will take me up on it......would be fun though;)

It was another B/day here today fortunately I didn't really notice the cake eating but could smell them

I can't do the flap jack trick as I have told everyone it is like eating carpet, so i dont think anyone will take me up on it......would be fun though;)

I swear there is always some kind of celebration involving cake/choc/alcohol!!

Hey, Shornie, put some icing on them [flapjacks] and pretend they're something else !!

Back