officiallybrickingit.com

GymClassHero

Silver Member
Oh dear :eek:

As some of you may or may not be aware i am going in for TT on thursday this week and i am now officially nervous.

I bought all my hospital essentials yesterday like mini toiletries and new nightwear and its kind of sunk in now that i am going in.

Im also really nervous about the hospital food and im going to be cooped up for a couple of weeks at home and dont want to put any weight on. Any tips for following SW whilst incapacitated? :p

HAhaha, i absoloutly love the title to your thread. Makes me chucke :D

Im afraid i cant really help you here as i really dont have a clue, other that smuggling your own fruit in and walking around the hospital?? x

take the healthy extra cereal bars, mug shots!!, get a supply of free fruit from your visitors. erm tell them not to bring sweets! oh a tupperware box with crispbreads in and get someone to bring in the cheese/yoghurt when they are visiting

think that covers it lol

what is it you are going in for if you dont mind me asking?

How lovely to be having a TT. Congratulations on loosing the weight. Regarding the hospital food, when I went into hospital I got my hubby to bring in my meals and fruit etc at visiting times and just had the cereal in the moring. Hospital staff didn't mind (it was one less thing for them to bother about). If he brought you an evening meal and a salad for lunch the next day ask if they would put it in the fridge in the kitchen for next day. They should be on your side after all with having a TT. Good luck. xx

Have no advice for you honey (I wouldn't want to give it as not sure if it'd be suitable given you're having surgery), but I do want to wish you well and hope you're feeling better asap afterwards.

hugs xxx

Love your thread title.....

Just want to wish you all the best my love and I am sure everything will go very well for you, take care now and good luck to you. X

Last time I was in hospital I just told them my Mum would be bringing my meals in, and all they asked was to know what I was having and when as so they can put it on the chart :)

I think i'll ask my fiance to bring me in Muller lights and see if the nurses will put them in the fridge for me - at least i'll have something to snack on if im peckish.

I've already prepped my visitors to bring fruit so i think i have that covered and i'm going to buy a few packs of hifi bars at class tomorrow night.

Hopefully the food on the ward will be low fat - with it being a hospital i imagine they have to cook in the healthiest way possible? Well one would think :p

I'll see how it goes, im more concerned that i wont eat enough as opposed to too much because if my choices are limited i will probably opt to go without which is not advised on SW.

take the healthy extra cereal bars, mug shots!!, get a supply of free fruit from your visitors. erm tell them not to bring sweets! oh a tupperware box with crispbreads in and get someone to bring in the cheese/yoghurt when they are visiting

think that covers it lol

what is it you are going in for if you dont mind me asking?

Im having a tummy tuck :D

Good luck Im sure everything will go great. As for NHS hospital food even if you do eat it i guess you wont eat it all. When I had my twins the food in Lincoln was yuck. I've never had rubber potatoes before but sware if I droped them out of the window they would have bounced bak up.I ended up eating all the chocs people had brought me!:sigh:

We brought food in for my Nan when she was in hospital and the staff were more than happy with it too. Your body is going to be working hard at recovery after the op though, so don't be too strict with it. Healing takes a lot of energy.

Good luck!

Have a real treat for your syns!

When I was in hospital once, my hubbie gave me a miniature shampoo bottle and said to check it out later as it wasn't shampoo. Turned out to be my favourite liquer! Sure helped my recovery! Anyway, my advice would be to stick to the plan as best you can - Extra Easy would be simpliest - and make sure you have a treat you really like.

BTW will you be posting before & after photos? I think you are very brave having the op.

Best Wishes

The Maid

Oh I like the drink idea... good luck honey

xx

If you are private, the chances are that you can opt for the healthier choices that are prepared fresh (Hubby had a back op). Failing that, the NHS meal choise sheets give you the healthier meals to choose from (did when I had DD).

Good luck with TT and I would love to hear all the detail. I had a gastric band fitted back last year and the closest I got to any food for a couple of months was watery soup and yoghurt drinks!

Hey folks - im back home now - i've been in hospital for 6 days!! It felt like an eternity!

I've sent messages to everyone that has PM'd me with the details for the before and after pics, if anyone else wants to info please send me a PM.

Op went well, no complications (as far as i know!) and the pain wasn't half as bad as i thought it was, im quite suprised really. It has hurt more getting tattoo's that this :p

I had my drain in for 5 days which was a pain because i had to carry it around everywhere with me :mad: and its quite unsightly!

Im very swollen at the moment and i have to wear a support binder corset thingy so im physically uncomfy but apart from that im well. I cant do much, even simple things like making a brew because i cant lift the kettle but this will pass over the next few weeks.

I'm signed off work for 4 weeks and i'll be disgustingly bored so expect tons of posts on here from me!

Food wise the hospital was fine, i had weetabix every morning with semi skimmed mik and i used my other HEB for a breadroll at dinner and by other HEA for a skinny latte from the coffee shop. I stuck to green and had jacket potato every day for lunch and then had the vegetarian choice for dinner. I've lost weight as a result of the op but im going to get to class tonight to see if i've lost anymore on top of that :cool:

Would i recommend this operation to anyone else considering it? Damn right i would - although the journey is long (you dont get the true results until about 6 months post op) i can see an immediate difference and i know how much happier i am already. I'd do it all again in a heartbeat and as i said earlier the pain has been pretty much non existent.

Glad you back with us and feeling as up beat as you are, well done to you, take care now, love to you. X

Back