Oh Bugg*r

mags1x

mags
Hey miniminers I guess some of you will remember me, I disappeared some time ago after my husband sadly died in an accident in April. I often think of all your kind words and I am suprised (nicely) to see the 'thoughts for mags' sticky thread still there.

Anyway, onto business...... Hannah (my daugher) and I are doing really well considering, its been a difficult time as you can imagine but we're still here and still sane (sort of). We manage to have happy times despite what has happened, thankfully Hannah is so young she is relatively unaffected. I didn't manage to keep my weight under control though... story of my life, and its sneaked up and now I'm just plain old fashioned fat again! I'm still about a stone and a half lighter than where I started but if I don't do something I'm headed right back there and there is a place I don't want to be. I am a comfort eater.

Not that I need to make excuses.... I know here I am among people who understand, but I'd just like to explain a little of the unexpected things recent months have brought my way. After my husbands death which is bad enough to deal with, his family went behind my back and caused all sorts of hard circumstances to deal with. I've risen above that now, but it all added to the stress. Insurance companies are awful....it was 5 months before I knew we could afford to stay in our house and be stable. Thankfully now we are secure and reasonably comfortable, I still need to work to afford to stay in our house but maybe thats a good thing, keeps me busy.

I did go back to Lighterlife for a little while but I don't think I was really ready, and then my closest friend who has been such a rock for me since April... suddenly I though my world could end all over again... she wasn't eating, she was maybe having half a banana all day and the weight fell off her, she was compulsively exercising too. I couldn't deal with having a friend with an eating disorder and go to lighterlife so i walked away. Thankfully my friend has had help and is much better now but in the meantime my weight has floated up to 11.1 stone and I'm only 5 ft tall.

I got rid of all my big clothes so I am now in the position again of having a lovely wardrobe of clothes and only a few pieces I can still fit into. I am so fed up with it but I can't face going back to classes and babysitting is difficult too. I have bought packs of the internet (yes I know a few months back I would have advised others against it) I plan to start tomorrow, but to be honest I have already had many failed starts in the last few weeks. This is why I have come back on here to try again with minimins support.

So anyway this is me back and fighting and looking forward to hopefully being supportive as well as being supported!

Those who remember me, post any catch up news here!

looking forward to starting a new journey

love
Mags
xxxx

So glad to see you are ok and you have a real positive vibe about you.

New chapter in your life and time to quickly trim off a few pounds and then get on with it.

Go for it!

Mike

Hi Mags, Its great to hear from you, Im glad you are coping admirably, very proud of you.

Im not surprised that you have put a bit back on, not because you are weak, but you have had so much to put up with over the past few months.

Youve had a lot to face and I admire you for coming back and having another go.

Rather than buying packs on the internet, have you looked at other options, maybe a LL class that you can take your little on to, or even CD. I know you dont get the counselling that LL offers but the internet is not only expensive but alsoyou have to be wary of what you buy.

Good Luck Hun, and remember if you need anything, SHOUT!!!

There are no lighterlife groups I can take Hannah to, so thats out. I think I've had all the counselling I need, I know the reasons its just hard to get on top of it, I am in process of counselling for bereavement too which helps. As for buying them off the net, I won't pay more than they cost at the classes so I miss a lot of the ebay auctions as they go too high.

I guess we'll see what happens.... I suppose I could find a cdc that would be like a new start someplace else, but the babysitting will still be tricky.

mags
xxxx

I always took my daughter to CDC's maybe you could call around ask ask, both my CDC's have been happy with that.

You are doing fab x

i take my wee girl to the cdc ( shes disabled and i have no one who's trained to care for her )
my cdc always looks happy to see her and its never been a problem
infact my wee girl now puts her arms out to be lifted by the cdc

Dear Mags

It is so good to hear from you - I often wondered how you were doing. I realise this may sound trite but you and your daughter are in my prayers.

Good luck with your weightloss journey. The raod may be bumpy but it's definately a good one to travel. I too would recommend talking to your local CD counsellors. As most CD is one-2-one I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that the counsellor would be more than happy for your daughter to go along with you.

not trite at all Helen, I'm happy to be in anyones prayers!

so far so good, I've not had anything since my horlicks last night, started with a shake today. so thats nearly 10 hours abstenant, but I was asleep for most of that lol. x x x

love
Mags

Welcome back Mags. Have thought about you a lot over the months. Glad to hear Hannah's settled well, and you are on the way too hun.

I agree with the others, try finding a CDC what will either allow you to take Hannah with you, or even better still one that will call at your house.

Whatever you decide, you will always find lots of love and support on Minis. Hugs to you both xxxx

Welcome back Mags. It's so lovely to see you're feeling positive and beginning to have happy times with Hannah. :)

Hope you find a CDC who'll be able to help you. I know when I was on Cambridge I sometimes used to take one or both of my kids with me to Boobyjoods. :):)

Hi Mags,

I didnt really know you when you was here before.... but when i read the thread saying your husband had passed away... it was so tragic, Good to see you have returned and I feel a positiveness.. Good luck!!!

Giz a shout if you ever want a chat!!!! Also you'll probablly find that if you ask an LLC or CDC I am sure they would make exceptions about your daughter being with you, theyre are many good hearted people out there!!! (as we know from minimins!)

Love Nas x

Good to have you back Mags, glad that you are slowly getting back to some sort of normal, it must be so hard for you. Thank goodness you have Hannah, children make sure we have a good reason to keep going.

Good luck with your weight loss plan, you will soon have that sorted and be able to wear your favourite clothes again.

Love and hugs.

Welcome back Mags, good to see you, pleased to see you are doing well and are ready to get back to kick ass "dietwise".
You will find the majority of cdc`s will not mind you taking your daughter with you........hope you can find one local to you hun.

You deserve this success, and to be happy.
Good luck xx

Sonkie!!! You're pregnant! (I guess you know that lol) congratulations!

thanks to everybody for your welcomes and nice comments!

I have a new plan..... I didn't manage to stick to it yesterday, but I did today woohoo! My plan is to stick to it as much as possible but take a day off when I need it, then after the new year I will seek out a cdc and get properly stuck into it then. In the meantime whenever I manage to stick to it and if I manage to lose anything its a bonus. I don't react well to pressure so a more relaxed approach may be best anyway. Also looking at the cambridge 790 so I could eat in the evening as my daughter eats better usually when I am eating too, although you wouldn't have thought that tonight when she polished off loads of grub even though I just had soup!

love
Mags
xxxx

Hey miniminers I guess some of you will remember me, I disappeared some time ago after my husband sadly died in an accident in April. I often think of all your kind words and I am suprised (nicely) to see the 'thoughts for mags' sticky thread still there.

Anyway, onto business...... Hannah (my daugher) and I are doing really well considering, its been a difficult time as you can imagine but we're still here and still sane (sort of). We manage to have happy times despite what has happened, thankfully Hannah is so young she is relatively unaffected. I didn't manage to keep my weight under control though... story of my life, and its sneaked up and now I'm just plain old fashioned fat again! I'm still about a stone and a half lighter than where I started but if I don't do something I'm headed right back there and there is a place I don't want to be. I am a comfort eater.

Not that I need to make excuses.... I know here I am among people who understand, but I'd just like to explain a little of the unexpected things recent months have brought my way. After my husbands death which is bad enough to deal with, his family went behind my back and caused all sorts of hard circumstances to deal with. I've risen above that now, but it all added to the stress. Insurance companies are awful....it was 5 months before I knew we could afford to stay in our house and be stable. Thankfully now we are secure and reasonably comfortable, I still need to work to afford to stay in our house but maybe thats a good thing, keeps me busy.

I did go back to Lighterlife for a little while but I don't think I was really ready, and then my closest friend who has been such a rock for me since April... suddenly I though my world could end all over again... she wasn't eating, she was maybe having half a banana all day and the weight fell off her, she was compulsively exercising too. I couldn't deal with having a friend with an eating disorder and go to lighterlife so i walked away. Thankfully my friend has had help and is much better now but in the meantime my weight has floated up to 11.1 stone and I'm only 5 ft tall.

I got rid of all my big clothes so I am now in the position again of having a lovely wardrobe of clothes and only a few pieces I can still fit into. I am so fed up with it but I can't face going back to classes and babysitting is difficult too. I have bought packs of the internet (yes I know a few months back I would have advised others against it) I plan to start tomorrow, but to be honest I have already had many failed starts in the last few weeks. This is why I have come back on here to try again with minimins support.

So anyway this is me back and fighting and looking forward to hopefully being supportive as well as being supported!

Those who remember me, post any catch up news here!

looking forward to starting a new journey

love
Mags
xxxx

Hi there,

How are you getting on? :hug99:

Back