oh dear 6lb GAINED

raverminx

After a weekend of eating terrible carb ridden food and lots of drink, ive gained 6lb :mad: It was impossible not to eat and drink all the naughty stuff as had a girly weekend away in Newquay.
Back on track today, meat and egg fast for a day or two!

wish me luck!

Good luck!

I'm betting a fair bit is water weight and it'll whoosh off in no time provided you stick to the plan :)

Ouch - likely mostly water - so get glugging to help get rid of it:)

Hi I am going away in a few days and expect to see a gain please post again and let us know how long it room to loose the gain. as others have said it is probably mostly water. Good luck.

Weighed myself this morning and had lost a few lb :) ketosix also says I'm back in ketosis yay!

Yesterday and today I've eaten just meat and eggs and loads of water. I'm going to start adding veg and cheese tomorrow as I'm sick of the sight of eggs lol!

As others have said, You need to do a very strict induction again and you should find yourself back in ketosis

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done on ketosis

oh dear not in ketosis today, not sure why as yesterday all i ate was - atkins shake, babybell, low carb sausages, bacon and eggs and 2 tbs of full fat greek yogurt. Loads of water too.
Woke up and didnt 'feel' like i was in ketosis and a stick conformed it. Confused, very confused!

Yoghurt might kick you out. But don't worry, ketostix aren't reliable and there are "levels" of ketosis. The human body is designed to get some of its energy from fat, most commonly at nighttime, so unless you're horribly insulin resistant (which I very much doubt), you will be producing ketones, I promise! :)

boggins said:
Yoghurt might kick you out. But don't worry, ketostix aren't reliable and there are "levels" of ketosis. The human body is designed to get some of its energy from fat, most commonly at nighttime, so unless you're horribly insulin resistant (which I very much doubt), you will be producing ketones, I promise! :)

I hope your right! The yogurt doesn't usually kick me out but maybe because I restarted maybe it did.
I know the ketosix aren't that reliable but 9 times out of 10 it shows I'm in the pink!
On another note I weighed myself this morning and I've lost the 6lb I had gained over the weekend, which probably meant it was just water retention.

Actually coming to think of it even tho the stick was pink yesterday maybe it was the booze from Sunday? Either way I know today I didn't feel like I was in ketosis!

Last time I had a 1 day binge it took almost a week to get back in the ketosis zone and that was just one day of carby food. So I'd imagine 3 days worth would take a while. I'll cut the yogurt out tomorrow and see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree with Boggins, much as the ketostix are useful initially, I wouldn't rely on them too much x

The sticks are not designed for dieters only diabetics, if you are fully hydrated you can show no ketones on the stick or 1st thing in the morning when having dehydrated over night show deep purple, so they are very unreliable!

Ketosis us like being pregnant, you are or yr not, if yr carbs are low, yr losing weight & have other signs of ketosis then you don't need the sticks..... as you said you had drunk loads of water I would suggest this is why yr not registering ketones.x

Back