Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! Biggest temptation possibly ever!

Caz

Repeat Offender
Me and my sister are going to see John Mayer next week, who I LOVE! Anyway, to the point. I haven't told my family about starting CD again yet, and don't want to just yet. Just been talking to my sister and she suggested that we go to the Imperial beforehand which is a chinese buffet restaurant and my most favourite restaurant ever but I haven't been in 2 years because it's been impossible to arrange to go! And I love it there. But now I'm on CD so can't have it. But she really really wants to go. So I don't know what to say! I've said I don't know when my presentation on Tuesday is so whether I'll have time, which is true. I don't want to crack so soon! Argggh!!

I might go bury my head in the sand now.

Crikey you are being tested hun arent you? Can you go and have zero carb things like chicken and a few spring vegetables? xx

lmao i read the title and wondered if you had met a guy and were tempted to say yes to a date, lol

She isn't a nurse but was so she'd know too! I was debating just being like actually I feel a bit sick so don't want to upset myself. I could maybe do that Phoenix, I don't know. I just feel like there'd always be something to throw me off track if I let it, and this is just one of many.

She knows I'm dieting, but not that it's CD. I said to her about how that would be healthy eating and dieting out the window and her response was awh but you'd deserve a treat for being so good. Treats? Isn't that exactly what got me into this mess in the first place!? And good? I was 16lbs lighter 6 months ago, that's hardly good!

Mm, now I realise that I will be in Wagamama on Wednesday with two friends, we will be having a meal before a ballet.
If it wasn't so cold I would wander around Covent Garden and leave them to it, instead I will have a CD shake, the staff at this restaurant have got used to me having plain water and black coffee.

But as for you, I would say to your sister that you have a stomach bug, end of the matter. It's difficult when people then challenge you, but this diet is all about you reaching your goals so that you can have the life that you want. Good Luck x

This is the trouble with being dishonest to others :) I know you said that your family have concerns, but can't you just bite your tongue while listening to them voice their opinions? It's what I did...

Like me, you live away from family. Once the 'lecture' is over you can just continue with the diet. And for events that crop up, they will (I am sure) be understandable :D

Hugs x x x

Hi, I think you have to tell them your dieting, and would they mind if you gave it a miss. You have to be a bit selfish at times on this diet, so do it.

Think about yourself and how you will feel for a change if you fail. Its not worth doing it to yourself. Let them moan, they will get over it. xx

It's not that I've been dishonest, I just haven't said anything at all, if that makes sense. But I do see what you're saying. I may meet her half way and suggest Nandos, then I can get a plain chicken salad and eat just some of the leaves and plain chicken making it a SS+ day. I might tell her but just say that I don't want anything said to my mum. She's the one I just don't want to have the conversation with as we have enough other issues at the moment anyway!

Hi Caroline, How are you getting on? Have you spoke to your sister yet? I think your response above is the best way to handle it, and I hope it all goes well for you.

When I first started, I was exactly the same, I did not tell a soul., but a few weeks in, then things happen, invites out etc, and you have to start telling people. I learnt to be strong and ignore all the negatively people gave, and within two months, everyone (well not all) was congratulating me, and wanting to know how I did it x

Hey, I'm doing well thanks, week one is over and it's now the first day of week 2.

I have spoken to my sister, and she was fine. Said that if I wanted we could go to Nandos or the like and then I can have a chicken salad which would fit with SS+. I just felt that I needed the opportunity to get into the swing of it myself without having to justify it with my family :)

Thank you for asking!

Back