Oh Dear!

kingleds

Gold Member
This weekend I had my younger brother staying with us and made a conscious decison to be off plan for the weekend. Not flex synning, not saving up syns or anything like that. Completely off plan and fully acknowledging that I would probably not lose any weight at Weigh In tonight.

So, I can't get to WI anyway, but I thought at the very least I should figure out exactly how off plan I went and I am frankly shocked at how many syns there are in some of the stuff I ate. Somehow I managed to eat 180 syns over the 105 your supposed to have as a limit! I've seen on here a few times that you need to eat 3600 extra cals a week to gain a pound, so 180 syns is around that!
Now don't get me wrong - I had a great time, and I didn't worry about it at the time. I'm not even that worried about it now because I made (what I thought was!) an informed choice (off plan = no weight loss) and I have been back on plan since Monday morning so that was not an issue.

My question is - how do you all manage those off plan days? Do you actually have no syns for a week afterwards, or half your syns, or what? I have a week to undo any potential damage and continue loosing, which I think is doable if I am proactive.

As a side note- I realised that my taste bunds has changed massively in the last 3 months because for the most part whenever I ate something I kept thinking - this is rubbish - why did I ever eat this stuff (McD's in particular!) so a off plan weekend to that extent is unlikely again!!!

I have a full stuffed crusted pizza from pizza hut once a month which is 128 syns!!! before and afterward i stay on plan and have my full amount of syns, ive done this twice since i restarted in jan and have not gained or stayed the same either time! i lost weight! which i was very suprised at, maybe you'll be pleasantly suprised. I plan to continue this and fingers crossed continue to loose :)

That makes me feel slightly better about it. So I'm just going to stay on plan and see what happens. At least I can console myself with the fact that on Saturday I walked absolutely miles to show my sheltered little brother as much of London as I possibly could! That should have burnt a few cals if nothing else.
PS - Love your location information - used to live somewhere with a Leeds telephone number & a Bradford postcode myself :)

I've had a bad 3 days too, I'm a florist and over the mothersday weekend I just didn't stick to plan because I didn't have time to plan meals! And today I just couldn't get motivated to get back on plan! I'm not WI tonight as I've got stuff planned but really need to get in plan this week and get a good loss next week! Shall we both draw a line under this week and just got for or this week? X

You know what, I think to stick to any plan there has to be flexibility, & you have that with SW. I would draw a line under it & start again, that's life! You are never gonna be 100% forever so the more you can think it's not gonna ruin the rest of my weight loss the better. It's the 90% rule isn't it. Good luck hun xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I actually made it to weigh in and bought my next 12 week countdown before i weighed in to make sure i wasn't tempted to throw in the towel when i gained. Lost half a pound!!

Thanns! Though Not sure i deserve it - not exactly a great advert for the plan - but it does give me hope that i can do this long term!

Thanns! Though Not sure i deserve it - not exactly a great advert for the plan - but it does give me hope that i can do this long term!

Hi All,

Well done Kingleds - a good result after all.

I think that it is a fantastic advert for the plan! No one could possibly stay 100% on plan 100% of the time - you'd go mental after a while. The plan is all about making healthy choices most of the time and getting back on track when you loosen the reins for a while!

My problem is not the food but the booze! :wave_cry:
Rachel

I actually made it to weigh in and bought my next 12 week countdown before i weighed in to make sure i wasn't tempted to throw in the towel when i gained. Lost half a pound!!

Oh yay :) well done

Back