Oh Dear

Nightwolf

Well I keep throwing myself on this diet and keep bouncing away from it, it's really depressing, I know its the diet I want to do, but I just struggling. Any motivational tips?

I have a big appetite (Im guessing most of us do lol) and slimming world caters for this, but its hard to put it all together, naughty food is so readily available, and healthy food requires you to really think about what your eating, and somedays you just cant be fussed.

I have drawn up a diary of what I want for the 7 days, I did this before but we ventured away, due to not getting enough stuff or not preparing things and leaving it to late. Its a horrible time to diet aswell, cold weather, xmas almost here, I mean, what happens at xmas?? My misses said she having a week off lol.

I need some Green Dinner Idea's Im stuck in a rut with Pasta N Sauce and Eggs with Mushrooms, also Mug Shots are getting used too much, any other green dinner time ideas?

Hello Nightwolf!

I would suggest that you make a batch of food on a Sat or Sun and freeze it so you have dinners for each night when you get it. At least you wont have to think about it then!

Green dinner ideas:-

SW Chips with quorn sausages and eggs and beans

Lentil Dhal

Use a HEXB chicken and cover with HEXA of cheese, BBQ Spread and Bake and then serve with SW Chips

Double pasta lasange

Quorn chilli or bolognaise

Vegetable curry

Vegetable tagine (this is lovely)

Quick chinese noodles

I have some more ideas and if you want the recipes just let me know!

It can be a real struggle some days but if you have you meals already prepared then when you come home from work, it's just a matter of putting them in the oven/microwave and you won't need to think too much about them.

Have you thought of doing a few red days? I know that some people say the struggle on red but I have always found my losses are better on red and I have lots of recipes that you could try.

Lentil Dhal:-

This is the best lentil curry that I have ever had.

· 200g (14 oz) red lentils
· 1 large onion, diced
· Frylight
· 2 tablespoons curry paste, such as Pataks
· 1 tablespoon curry powder
· 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
· 1 teaspoon ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon chilli powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon caster sugar
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 teaspoon minced root ginger
1 (600g) jar passata

1. Rinse the lentils in cold water, the place in a saucepan with cold water. Bring to the boil and then spoon off the scum. Simmer for about ½ hr.
2. While the lentils are cooking: In a large frying pan or saucepan, caramelise the onion frylight.
3. While the onions are cooking, combine the curry paste, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, chilli powder, salt, sugar, garlic and ginger in a mixing bowl. Mix well. When the onions are cooked, add the curry mixture to the onions and cook over a high heat stirring constantly for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Stir in the passata and reduce heat, allow the curry base to simmer until the lentils are ready.
5. When the lentils are tender, drain them briefly (they should have absorbed most of the water but you don't want the curry to be too wet). Mix the curry base into the lentils and serve immediately.
Whole curry serves 8 and is 1 syn per portion.

Double pasta lasange

Here you go:-

2 Macaroni Pasta and Sauce
2 tins of chopped toms
1 packet of quorn mince
1 tsp artificial sweetner
1 onion
1 clove garlic
1 tsp mixed herbs
Lasange sheets (amount depends on the size of your dish)
Enough cheese to cover the top

Chop the onion and crush the garlic. Fry in frylight until soft. Add the tomatoes and artificial sweetner. Cook for about 10 mins and then add the herbs. Then add the quorn mince and cook over a low heat until quorn mince is cooked. You can add some tom puree to thicken, not sure if it's free or not?

Meanwhile, make up the pasta'n'sauce. I use a HEXA of milk to make it really creamy but it's up to you if you just want to use the water. Make sure that you don't make the pasta and sauce too thick as this is going to be your white sauce.

Place a layer of the mince in a lasange tray or whatever you usually use. Then cover the mince with your lasange sheets. Then cover the lasange sheets with a layer of pasta and sauce. Then cover the pasta and sauce with mince. Then cover the mince with lasange sheets, then the lasange sheets with the last bit of pasta and sauce, and then, finally sprinke with the cheese.

Cook in the oven for about 45 mins at 180 degrees, until cheese is bubbling and lasange sheets cooked.

Serves 4-6 about 1/2 syn each serving!

Red pepper, chilli and tomato soup

• 6 Quorn sausages
  • Frylight
  • 1 roughly chopped onion
  • 1 seeded and sliced red chilli
  • 2 seeded and diced red peppers
  • 400g can plum tomatoes
  • 300ml vegetable stock
  • 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste or normal tomato puree
  1. Grill or gently fry 6 Quorn sausages until golden brown, then set aside. Meanwhile, put the frylight into a pan and gently cook 1 roughly chopped onion, 1 seeded and sliced red chilli and 2 seeded and diced red peppers, covered, for 6-7 minutes or until tender.
  2. Stir in a 400g can plum tomatoes, 300ml vegetable stock, made with vecon or chicken bovril, and 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste. Season. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat a little. Half-cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
  3. Slice the sausages. Whiz the soup in a food processor or blender until smooth. Tip back into the pan and add the sausage slices, then reheat until piping hot.
Veg Tagine.

Fry light.

1 Large onion finely chopped.
2 garlic cloves crushed.
1 tsp finely grated ginger.
2 tsp each ground cumin, and cinnamon.
1 tsp ground coriander.
1 tsp each turmeric and dried chilli flakes.
400g can chopped tomatoes.
1/2tsp artifical sweetner.
255ml/9fl oz water or stock made from vecon.
400g can chickpeas, drained.
1 red pepper deseeded and cut in bite size pieces.
681g/1lb 8oz butternut squash peeled and cut into bite size cubes.
salt and ground black pepper.
chopped coriander to garnish.

1. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with fry light and place over a med. heat. Add the onion and stir fry for 4-5 mins. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin,cinnamon, coriander, turmeric, chilli flakes, tomatoes, sweetner and water or stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 25 mins.

2. Stir in the chickpeas, red pepper and butternut squash. Cook over a med. heat for 20-25 mins, or until the veg are cooked through and tender. Season well, garnish with chopped coriander and serve on its own, or over warmed couscous. (1 1/2 Syns per 28g/1oz cooked on original)
free on green.

Quick Chinese Noodles

ingredients

· 225g rice noodles
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 tablespoon soy sauce
· 1/2 tablespoon chilli sauce
· salt and pepper to taste
· 1 spring onion, chopped
preparation method

1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add noodles, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic until tender. Stir in noodles, and season with soy sauce, chilli sauce, salt and pepper. Sprinkle top with chopped spring onion.

I will sort some more out for your later, got to pop out now. Hope this helps a bit!

Back