oh for goodness sake!!

cherylxx

Silver Member
4 weeks ago i developed a throat infection, chest infection, sinusitus and conjunctivitus in both eyes.
i was very poorly indeed and was on antibiotics.
it took about a week and a half to get rid of most of the problems but the chest infection remained a problem.
On monday i returned to the doctor as my chest wasnt getting any better and i was getting pain when breathing and coughing.
Was then told i have pleuracy (fluid on lungs) and was given another course of antibiotics :sigh: which keeps stopping me from getting into ketosis.
Then yesterday i noticed my tongue was feeling tender.
Woke up this morning and i now have a lump (swelling) inside my tongue right in the centre and full thickness of tongue (can feel it on top and under tongue)
No idea what it is but i suspect its some kind of infection.
Its soooo sore.
What is going on? Why am i going through so much recently.
I've been taking multi vitamins for the last 2 weeks to try and help me recover but im at a loss about what to do now.:cry:

Hi Cheryl,
Poor you! Have you spoken to your GP as to weather CD is hindering your recovery? Not sure weather doing ss when your body is fighting off all those infections is a good idea..... Have you asked your CDC?
Get well soon x

Hi Cheryl,

You poor thing, you're really going thru the mill. Sorry I don't know what might be wrong with your tongue, but I think you'd better go back to the Dr. Maybe you are reacting to the new antibiotics, or maybe as you say it's an infection. Whatever, I think the Dr needs to know about it.

Take care, I hope you start feeling better soon.
SM

hi sm and sassey,
i have tried to get into the doctors today but cant get an appointment til monday.
when i went on monday the doctor said if this course of antibiotics didnt do the trick with my chest i might have to come off CD for a few weeks to allow my body time to recover.
I dont want to do that unless i absolutely have to.
for two reasons really.... 1) so many ppl struggle to get back on the diet once they break it and 2) i dont want to admit that CD could be the reason i am not getting better. would hate to think that i may continually get sick whilst on CD.
just as well im not eating right now though, tongue can barely manage a cool shake touching it, let alone chewing food.
cherylxx

oh my goodness poor you you may have to take a wee break from the diet because your imune system seems a tad down so you might need proper food and liquids to get better

Why not have your 3 shakes and a meal - like the 790/810 plan. then you aren't coming off CD but you are getting additional protein to help you heal.
Either way I'd see your GP, I'd get your urine checked for sugar if you can (as diabetes is more prevalent if you have weight to lose) and also check CD with your CDC.

Get well soon.
x

hi sams and heffa,
i was having a small meal most nights for a week last week (protein and green/white veg). doesnt seem to have helped much at all.
im thinking of doing ss+ ( the 4 packs and milk version) for the next week or so and see if the added vitamins/minerals in an extra shake and the benefits of milk eases this off at all.
not much point trying to AAM right now as i doubt i would be able to chew anything right now.
(puts head in hands)
cherylxx

What is going on? Why am i going through so much recently.
I've been taking multi vitamins for the last 2 weeks to try and help me recover but im at a loss about what to do now

Hi cherly,

Cambridge Diet is a complete diet with all the vitamins required and taking a multi vitamin on it would not be recommended. Also if you are not well your body needs to heal and as suggested by Heffa you could do one of the other plans.

I think you best give your CDC a call and let her know about taking multi vitamins on top of taking CD as you could of overloaded your system and she would be able to help you devise a more suitable plan.

Also worth running it by your doctor to find out why your are coming down with so many infections as obviously something is not right.

Source: cambridge company history

Will I need vitamin supplements while using the Cambridge Diet?
The big plus about Cambridge is that, unlike other diets, you do not need to take extra supplements. Each item offers a third of the recommended daily allowance of all vitamins, minerals and trace elements, so three a day give complete nutrition. The main worry when people go on food-based slimming diets, is that reduction in food means reduced nutrient intake which in turn puts health at risk. It is impossible to achieve complete nutrition from conventional food on less than 1500 Kcal a day. Even then, extensive nutritional knowledge and a wide variety of foods need to be consumed to ensure adequate intake of all those vitamins and minerals. Cambridge has cracked that problem by formulating a diet that gives 100% nutrition and has programmes (up to 1500 kcal per day) using the Diet as a nutritional foundation with conventional food. Cambridge customers have confidence that they can lose weight safely and not put health at risk

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Your health is your wealth.:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

thank you mini.
i guess i should stop taking the multi vits huh. it was my doctor that advised i take them in the first place and she knows im on CD. :confused:
if my tongue continues to swell at this rate i may end up at the emergency docs tonight.

cherylxx

Back