Oh For Goodness Sake.....

emski

Gold Member
Went to Boots for my WI and what have they done??? Only flippin changed their machine!!!! Its now one of those new fangled ones that do your height etc.

So the result??? I have lost an inch and a half in height (I am 5'7.5" it tells me Im 5'6") and put on a pound in weight (12 st 9lbs).. My BMI has gone up by 2 (28) ...

For goodness sake.. where am I at?? :confused:

I will probably have to take the weight and then go from there....

What do you think??

Just go by the weight - I would stick to yur measurements - they often aint that accurate are they?x

Oh poor you I do wish they would leave things well alone. My local morrisons chemist has a new fangled machine, I have started to go there once a week. You can just opt for your weight or add other things in like BMI etc and it stores your info and gives you a print out with a little graph on it. Dont get too down hearted as you say take it from that one and carry on...Linda x

Those machines make me and inch smaller in height as well. I don't think the weight is probably that accurate either! I would start from that weight though and see how much you have lost next week.

I've discovered most Tescos have scales too - they are just outside the ladies toilets, why not get a second opinion from these?

Boots won't change their scales for ages now, so as long as you stick to them they should stay quite accurate. Perhaps ask the staff if they callibrate the scales? We have to do this where I work. x

if you go to the pay counter you can buy a card for these machines for £1 for your £1 you get a free weigh-in, but it stores all your 10 previous weights for you, and prints it all out on your receipt.

You then top it up at the machine each week.

its like a credit card, and you put it in a slot on the machine.

i didnt make sence in above post, not sure i do now either!

Back