Oh it's so hard....

**sparkles**

Silver Member
This is my first weekend since I started CD. I managed to get through Friday night-which is shopping night-without feeling too bad. Tonight, however is different. When I woke up this morning I was feeling really cheerful and positive but as the day's worn on it's got worse. Dinner time is my worst time-every day and Saturday is no different. I used to really look forward to a curry on a Saturday and now I can't have it..same with my roast dinner tomorrow. I'm craving it so bad I could cry. I try to keep really positive and concentrate on the weight loss but at times like this it's just so bloody hard. Sorry.

Hi Sparkles. I'm not doing CD(I'm doing Slimfast) but just wanted to say I know how you feel. I was feeling positive this morning but had a wobble when I called over my mum's & saw the curry they had prepared for later. Then had an hour or two feeling sorry for myself! But I know the weight loss is worth it so I'm keeping going. And it will be worth it for you too - think about the really good thing you're doing for your body and how proud you will be of yourself once you get through this. Hope you feel better & more positive about it soon.

Thanks. At the moment I'm sitting here in tears. It's absolutely the closest I've got so far to throwing it all in and I know I can't afford to do that. All I can see at the moment is the months stretching ahead of me. That's why I try to take it one day at a time or I'd go mad.

It is difficult at first, but you become almost immune to it. During my first week, it was my Mum's 50th birthday and I dibbed out on my brother's amazing home-made chilli and birthday cake. I also go to my friends for tea once a week and just smelling the food nearly drove me to tears. But, you do get used to it.

It's like the saying 'nothing tastes so good as being thin feels'. Stick with it.

E xxx

My daughter's just come in from work and she's sitting there eating a Macdonalds and I've got to dish up my favourite meal in a moment and not be able to eat it myself. This is pure torture.

Contact your CDC! You need some urgent counselling to get you through this, from someone who's done it. My CDC has told me to ring or email her any time I feel I need to, for a pep talk. (I emailed her every day in my first week, but thankfully now I'm 'in the zone' and don't need to!)

Get on the phone.......
(that's what she's there for). :psiholog:

Contact your CDC! You need some urgent counselling to get you through this, from someone who's done it. My CDC has told me to ring or email her any time I feel I need to, for a pep talk. (I emailed her every day in my first week, but thankfully now I'm 'in the zone' and don't need to!)

Get on the phone.......
(that's what she's there for). :psiholog:
I would but she's gone on holiday today for a week. I think I'm over my wobble for now-it might hit me when the family are eating their roast dinner (hubby is cooking it and dishing it up so I don't even have to look at it) Once dinner is out of the way my resolve usually comes back.

just think of how u'll feel when all the weight has gone... it will be worth it, good luck.

Aww Sparkles I hope your ok now xx This is my first weekend to and I woke up this morning in tears!! But after chatting to my hubby he made me realise that this diet isn't going to be forever and to remember all the reasons why I'm doing this.I've also started journal so I can write down how I'm feeling and let it all out without feeling a "burden" to anyone! Anyway chick hope you get through tomorrow ok, and Happy Mothers Day!! x

Hi Sparkles

The best bit of advice I read on this messageboard was, think of the diet as your choice, you are in charge and you are choosing not to eat.
It's not a life sentence its something you want to do and you can take strength out of the fact you choosing to do this and you want to do it.

Your are at the hardest part now, it will get easier

Last edited:
Thank you everybody. I knew there was a reason I joined this forum!:) Nobody else could possibly understand how hard it is. Some people think I'm mad for doing this diet and I've heard all the dire warnings about how bad it is for you:rolleyes: Everybody laughs when I have to dash off to the loo for the umpteenth time, but every now and then I just need some REAL understanding and I know Ill get that here:)

Hi Sparkles

The best bit of advice I read on this messageboard was, think of the diet as your choice, you are in charge and you are choosing not to eat.
It's not a life sentence its something you want to do and you can take strength out of the fact you choosing to do this and you want to do it.

Your are at the hardest part now, it will get easier

Spot on, it really is so much easier if you see it as a choice.

Hang in there hun after a couple of weeks it will be like second nature and will be so worth it!

xx

Spot on, it really is so much easier if you see it as a choice.

Hang in there hun after a couple of weeks it will be like second nature and will be so worth it!

xx
Now there is a photo to really inspire me! You look great!

Remember you CAN have curry and Sunday Roasts again - this is a temporary plan to get you healthy again! Perhaps you should make some new traditions or plans to look forward to at the weekends? And maybe save your shakes so you have one later in the evening? Perhaps you could always go to the cinema on a Sat night or rent a DVD from Blockbuster? Or on Sundays instead of the usual Sunday Roast perhaps you could go out for a 2 hour walk in countryside and stop off at a little pub to have a nice sparkling water??

I think for those of us who have lots to lose, it's easy to become very overwhelmed by the diet and how long it's going to take to lose everything we want to lose. My best bit of advice is that you should look at this problem the same way you would if you had to eat an entire elephant.

Take it one bite at a time, and don't start at the butt!

I think the best thing you can do is just take things one day at a time. Each morning, you can get up and decide "today I'm going to stick to my diet." You do that today, then tomorrow, and then the day after. Pretty soon, enough yesterdays have gone by that you've lost quite a bit of weight, you can see the progress, and the number of tomorrows doesn't seem quite so overwhelming.

Back