Oh my god......BAD news.....

oh god im so sorry about the news. i only found out the other day my mum has cancer and its the most heartbreaking thing to here.

you and your sister are in everyone's prayers

x

oh god im so sorry about the news. i only found out the other day my mum has cancer and its the most heartbreaking thing to here.

you and your sister are in everyone's prayers

x

Thanks again everyone.

JFM - my thoughts are with you too now. <<hugs>> It is indeed dreadful news. I hope there is something can be done for your mum too. <<hugs>>

xx

Thanks everyone. I am at work now and finding it extremely difficult to concentrate.

Before work i went for a walk, hoping to clear my head - it didn;t work. The music I was listening too jkust made me sad. Ialways do that - play sad music when i am sad. lol I msut have been a site to some. Couldn;t help but the occassional tear squeaking out.

I really can't wait to get home tonite so I can call Linda (our mom). I don't want to call Kelly till I speak to Linda. I know she must be just sick about it, as much as Kelly.

<sigh> my head hurts. I'm going to put myself in a hot bath when I get home at midnight. Going to be a very long night at work.

xx

Very sorry to hear your news. I don't know any of you yet as have only just started posting, but my heart goes out to you and your family. Treatment has come a long way over the past few years and continues to progress.
Keep yourself strong and make sure you treat yourself kindly, if we dont look after ourselves first we cannot help others in need.

We haven't spoken before but l just wanted to addmy most sincere wishes of strength.

My mother has/had bc and had the masectomy last year. Maybe the hardest lesson through that ordeal was that pretending it's nothing and it will for sure be okay was not an option and that the only things l could do emotionally were to quote statistics and tell her l love her.

She's classed as cured now and despite knowing it can come back, despite her heart and her diabetis tormenting her, she's now on CD and losing weight so for the time being fine! She's part of the statistics l was quoting and so will your sister be. Loads of faith and many hugs seems to be what does it!

Please feel free to pm me anytime!

So sorry BL

I haven't felt able to come on here much since Easter when my lovely friend and her man came to stay. She discovered a lump in her breast on her first day on a dream holiday to Singapore and Thailand and had to wait for treatment till she got home. The Dr. sent her to a Consultant who removed a lump the size of a conker which was confirmed to be cancerous. He also removed a bit of her lymph glsnd on thst side to analyse to make sure the cancer hadn't reached there. It had - and she had a further op yesterday to remove the restof the lymph glands on that side.
She is being very brave about it, but I know she is terrified. i am for her. i can't stop thinking about her. Like you I couldn't concentrate at work. Yesterday I forgot something quite important. Luckily my boss is lovely and understands.
Ironically I had my mammogram a couplle of days after my firend had her first op and have just had the results. I'm clear. Thank God. It makes me even more glad I did LL.It's so important to make the best of our time. You never know what's around the corner.
My thoughts and prayers are with your sister and you.
My mum had a hysterectomy when I was 12 because of fibroids and was on HRT for years, my sister had OC and a hysterectomy about 20 years ago and has been on HRT. My aunt had breast cancer and a mastectomy about 40 years ago and lived a healthy life into her mid 80s, so in my experience survival has a good chance. I'm praying for it for your sister and my friend who I met when we started a job together in 1980.

Hey, morning peeps.

Well, finally got hold of mom last night, late, and it's "good" news...as far as that goes...

THe docs feel extremely confident that they caught this very early, and once she has the surgery they expect her to go on and life a normal life. They have only found the problems in one breast, but for safety sake are taking both. She'll have reconstruction, but not at the same time.

Phew. I am so relieved....I can't tell you.

Kelly is coping pretty well. She feels sad they she will be "unnatural" afterwards, but she will be here to r aise her son - and that was her biggest fear, the possibility of leaving him behind at a young age.

So, I am relieved. It was a very long day and just wanted to say thanks again for the support. :)

So glad the news is more positive today BL, but just wanted to add my love and best wishes to you, your sister and family.
x

Just want to add to the hugs and the love being sent to you and yours BL. Glad to hear the positive news from the Docs tho' they dont usually give an optimistic view unless they are really sure.
Much love hon' take care.

You have been on a rollercoaster in the last 48 hours.:gen126:

Fingers crossed her future will be bright. The ongoing research is saving so many lives. Thank goodness she checked herself. Its a warning to us all.

We all send her and you our love and positive vibes xxx

Glad to hear that they caught it early enough. Prayers and hugs to your family:gen126:

Back