Oh my I'm going to Pizza Hut tomorrow

Emerald

:cry: I love pizza hut and we're going there tomorrow. I've not told my friends about SW and they don't know I'm on a diet and I a) don't want to make it obvious (a la 'oooh i'll just have a salad I'm feeling a bit full' - totally not me and alarms bells would sound around the city) and b) I rarely get a meal out so don't want to waste the opportunity by just having something boring and then later thinking 'why did i just pay all that and end up feeling unsatisfied'.

So I'm having a flexi syn day. BUT I don't want to go crazy either and ideally I'd still like a loss this week.

How many syns would be reasonable do you think? I was thinking maybe something in the region of 75-90 syns for the day.... but will I have a gain if I do that? Maybe I can stick to 10 syns for monday-thursday (WI on thurs evening) which would save 20 syns from my weekly total.... but couldn't do less than 10 a day as I always have most of my syns.

1 large stuffed crust pizza is 144.5 syns :eek:

How many syns do you think would be ok, is there any kind of chart, like if you have 100 syns in a day is it almost certain that you will gain that week (assuming you have the full 15 every other day that week)

Oh dear!

eta - everything else I'm eating tomorrow will be superfree, aint having no HXs and I do know I'm asking a lot to still want to lose weight lol.....! My SW con did say I could 'theoretically' deduct 24 syns from the meal if I have no HXs as each HX is about 6 syns and therefore my body is expecting 24 syns just in HXs tomorrow.... not a recommended course of action but now and again for a flexisyn day she said it would be ok.... hmmm....

Emerald
X

that's how i would go about it - eat superfree foods all day and have no healthy extras. i did that once when i had an indian and i told my consultant i counted a small piece of naan bread as a 'b' choice and she nearly wet herself laughing! i guess she doesn't think the same way your consultant does, but i thought to myself each healthy extra is roughly 6 sins each, so that would be 24 less sins i'd be eating that day and i could take them with me to dinner.

so if you have 2 slices of pizza you could work out what one slice is (try and do this before you go), then deduct 6 sins from each slice for your 'b' choices and 6 sins from each slice for your 'a' choices...or maybe have an individual pizza and a salad.

if you really want a loss this week go for the salad as a main dish - does it really matter if people think your on a diet?

i know how you feel, but try to look at the big picture, pizza hut will always be there and the sooner you can try and lose your weight, the happier you will be, but i also understand its hard, how about a green day and a pasta dish that wouldnt be so bad? enjoy yourself whatever you choose, as long as you are happy with your decision thats all that matters

You could go for a tomato pasta dish? It will be a bit high in syns as I suppose they make it with oil etc, but it will be nowhere near as damaging to the plan as pizza! Go for a green day, have loads of salad, big bowl of pasta, and even a little piece of someone else's pizza if they insist! Then if you stick to loads of free and superfree with only a couple of syn a day for the rest of the week, i bet you'll still lose!! :)

What about eating a small pizza instead and take the syns hit? Surely a small pizza and a salad would be filling enough? Do you have to have a large one?

Yeah I was going to say the same thing - have a small thin crust pizza (not stuffed crust) and a large side salad - you could just have a veggie topping (rather than pepperoni etc) to cut down on the syns.

Pizza Hut do something called a Leggera Pizza, which is a pizza with a hole cut out of the middle, which is filled with salad.

They are very nice.

But I always have a salad at the Pizza Hut because they are so delicious, not boring at all. You can ask for the dressing on the side, so you can just have a little bit to taste.

You can always say that you are having a salad because of the hot weather!

Pizza Hut do something called a Leggera Pizza, which is a pizza with a hole cut out of the middle, which is filled with salad.

They are very nice.

But I always have a salad at the Pizza Hut because they are so delicious, not boring at all. You can ask for the dressing on the side, so you can just have a little bit to taste.

You can always say that you are having a salad because of the hot weather!

Avisk, it's Pizza Express with the Leggera Pizza's - I had one about 3 weeks ago - very tasty!

If it were me, I'd do what the others suggest and have a small pizza & a massive salad.

Enjoy:D

can you order the kids pizza with a salad!?! it's like getting a happy meal at mcdonalds - full fast food hit but with damage limitation!! haha xx

Had anyone noticed this thread was started in 2008!!!!:eek:

LMAO - how did we miss that??? I wonder what she had to eat? :8855::8855:

Hey Emerald, im withyou on this one, i love love love Pizza hut, large meat feast all the way for me, but i also love burger king and all the other fast food places that are bad for you! ;-) I have post it notes in my purse of my favorite junk food (like xl bacon double cheeseburger etc etc) and have the syns next to them, so for Pizza hut, if you have the time, go through the Pizzas, pick the small options though, in all honesty a small pizza is enough (ive finally taught myself that) and if you have time write down the syns for each of your favorites. then you know where you are, and add a salad to it, and hey presto, you no how bad or not your being. Ive found lately though that ive been having the cheese and broccolii pasta there, at first i thought id hate it, but its yummy, and if you like the chicken wings (I could eat around 10 portions of these) have portion but without the dips, and they are 1 syn per wing. if you eat superfree all day and no HEX and have the cheese pasta then i cant see too much harm. OOh yum sounds like nice meal, pasta, chicken wings and salad! perfect :) xx

oh ha ha ha ha just seen the post about it starting in 2008! doh! x

hahahahaha WALLIES! That's hilarious. I assume it only takes one person to reply to an old thread and it gets bumped up the list as current! This has made me laugh big time.... :D

But good effort by all who replied! ;)

Avisk, it's Pizza Express with the Leggera Pizza's - I had one about 3 weeks ago - very tasty!

If it were me, I'd do what the others suggest and have a small pizza & a massive salad.

Enjoy:D

Silly me - sorry about that!! I have never even been to a Pizza Hut, so how I confused the two is anyone's guess!

still a very important thread, ive just learnt never to eat half a stuffed crust pizza to myself ever again lol!

:8855:

I want to know what she had and if she lost that week

I'm going to pizza hut today myself so on the sly I checked this forum and am now armed with what to have and what to leave. I save up syns as a rule so going a little mad on holiday isn't bad. It's like taking a bomb out to vegas dessert to explode it in controlled situation, not as devastating.

But I've been writing sport all summer and now no cricket and football so I'm free. Not swimming every day is weird though. Anyway, thanks to you guys on here and a few other minimins pizza hut pages, I can do my best to control the devastion haha.

Wish me luck and I again love this site. Life saver

Back