Oh my!!!!

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
So at the beginning of June DH and I decided to start trying for a baby. Well it turns out that I'm 5 weeks pregnant!!!! Never thought it would happen so quickly! So now DH is walking around like a stud and I'm so excited I could burst into a million sparkly pieces :bliss:

Went to my GP yesterday and he said to wait for a call from the midwife in around 3 or 4 weeks. In the meantime he gave me lots of literature and websites to go to for info. I told him I was on SW and described the eating plan to him and he said it sounded perfect! He also said that a lot of women use pregnancy as an excuse to overindulge when it really should be the time when we're most careful and eating only the freshest, healthiest food! He said to eat plenty of fruit & veg, protein, calcium and wholegrains (sounds like red days to me :D ).

Also from the NHS website it says that a woman's calorie intake shouldn't change until the last trimester and even then should only increase by 200 calories! So I'm going to carry on as I am on SW and in the last trimester I'll just eat more free food! Even when our baby is born (OMG!!) I'd still eat and feed him/her SW type foods (except full fat dairy for the kidling). Just thought I'd share that because I've seen a few posts about what to eat when pregnant. Not sure when to tell my consultant though... I'd appreciate any advice on that.

I can't believe I'm pregnant! I feel fine, no nausea or anything (though I read that, that comes in weeks 6 & 7). I have been super exhausted the past few weeks though, and I thought it was because of our shop move and just being generally busy. But there you go, I'm gonna be a mama!!!! :talk017:

Aww what lovely news congratulations :D
My mw told me in the last trimester its about 2 extra slices of bread a day if you wanted it in food terms xx

Congratulations on your fantastic news, so pleased for you, wish you a fab, healthy pregnancy and all the best for when your bundle of joy arrives xxx

Thrilled for you, you seem so excited and happy, Congrats! x

Congratulations:)
We have one lady in our class who had her baby last week, and another has just anounced that she is pregnant:)

Thank you so so much everyone! Yes I am very excited, my stomach has been doing flips since I found out (a combination of elation and terror!) I will be giving updates on my progress and how I'm faring on SW. I'm just so excited that the ideal diet my GP recommended was SW red days to a T! How cool is that?!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! So chuffed for you! Been waiting for some sort of news from you :D

wooo!

Thanks so much Allie, I'd been waiting for the news too lol. I "felt" different but wasn't 100% sure. DH thought I was imagining things when I told him I thought I was pregnant before I'd even missed my period lol. A little hasty was I :D

He's so excited about the baby and I think my excitement's making him happy, I keep catching him looking at me all tender (awwww....) and he's been doing so many little things already to make my life easier (even though I still feel and look the same lol). Because the doctor said I had to drink at least 5 pints of water a day, he bought me a pretty carafe and glass set and put it on my bedside table so I have water every morning! I'm loving the attention :D

Congratulations hun, what amazing news xxx

congratulations hon and if you go to your class and tell your c she will have some leaflets about sw whilst pregnant

flipping brill news!!!and so quick!!!You clever girl!Just promise to look after yourself and the sprout.Hope you enjoy the pregnancy and motherhood and that you are all healthy and happy

Back